Monday 5 September 2011

Interconnects - usb extension cable, flip video


After reading several recent negative reviews who claim to have not received the product advertised I was hesitant to order this. After checking StarTech's web site and confirming that they did make the product advertised, I went ahead and ordered 3 and received the product advertised. It is 6 inches and it has USB type A male on one end and USB type A female on the other end, which is what you want most of the time for an extension cable. It is rated for USB 2.0 and so far works fine for me. And a good price at that. Perhaps too short for some uses, but just right for others. 6in USB 2.0 Extension Adapter Cable A to A - M/F

These are a "must-have" especially for musical instruments using USB memory sticks for storage. They allow for connecting the stick to the USB port without worry of damage to the stick from it's normal protruding position, as memory sticks can often come into contact with other equipment when being transported or moved. It's short so the media is retained flexible so it's added protection for both the memory stick and the USB port on the device. I recommend this for anyone who uses a device which depends on USB driven memory sticks. Think of it as a little insurance for the device & the memory stick.

I ordered 2 of this item. Clear AV sent me two 6 inch USB extension cables that have male connectors on both ends. The picture & technical description on this page is for a 6 inch USB extension cable that has a male connector on one end (type A) and a female connector on the other (type A).



After several exchanges of email, Clear AV was adamant they sent me the correct product, and offered no exchange, only a refund. Are the description & picture on this page wrong? Did they send me wrong item and weirdly won't admit to it? Clear AV has a really good rating overall with transactions, but I was dumbstruck by the dismissive tone of their emails to me, and the seeming lack of interest in correcting their mistake. And in fact after several searches on Amazon I could find no 6 inch USB extension cables offered by Clear AV that have male connectors on both ends.



These cables are quite cheap, and even with shipping (if you get several) they are cheaper than buying them at a retail store, at least where I live - which makes it all the more frustrating. If Clear AV had just admitted to sending the wrong product and offered an exchange I'd be annoyed but I would still buy from them. I won't purchase anything from them again.

USE: This 6" USB extension cable is perfect for making awkward USB ports easier to use. I have two plugged in to the side of my monitor.



QUALITY: The female end is good enough, but not as sturdy as I might have liked.



DIFFERENT COLOR: Unlike the photo at the time of this writing, the actual product I received is black. I like black better than beige, but the seller should not use the wrong picture.

I bought a Mac and the USB ports are on the back of the monitor. Kind of a pain to get to-- have to move the Mac forward and rotate to use. A friend recommended this USB extension Cable (A-a). I bought 2 six-inch cables. Definitely easier but I will probably wind up getting a longer cable because the six-inch cable barely clears the space between the underside of my Mac and my desktop so I still have to reach around but at least I don't have to move the Mac. (I realize I sound lazy-- but moving the Mac moves all of my papers and items on my desk too ;-D). I forget off-hand what the next size up is... 10 inches or more would be better.

Some "Extension" cable! With TWO MALE ends, you CAN'T extend any USB cable. Period! This is what this cable has, TWO Male ends. This cable SHOULD have an A-Male end AND an A-Female end to properly perform as an EXTENSION cable of any sort. Sure would have been nice if it had been clearly indicated that this "extension" cable ONLY had TWO A-MALE ends.

i cant figure out how to contact the seller, so i thought i would write a review. i bought this, and the package came on time! how awesome is that! except the package was empty. yep, empty. i cant get a refund since i have nothing to send back. wow am i pretty pissed about this. i actually needed it on time, and now not only do i not have it, it ruined the thing my husband was making, and i still have to pay for it! super! NEVER BUY THIS. ever.

I use this tiny "extension cable" to prevent the USB connector on my expensive x-ray sensor being worn out. I figure that I can just replace this cable instead of send the sensor for repair if the connector is bad. it works great so far. The price si very reasonable. I recommend you have this cable if you have expensive USB devices with cables hard-wired in.

Why buy such a tiny extenstion cord? My Altima came with a USB port inside the armrest/center console. After a bad experience with a USB port on my desktop computer physically breaking and shorting out the whole PC, I am determined to minimize wear and tear on the car's USB port. This short cord allows me to do the plugging and unplugging on the cord, and not the car itself.



This cable works perfectly, and arrived quickly in a nice padded envelope. Order with confidence. - Camcorder - Usb - Flip Video - Usb Extension Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information