Friday 9 September 2011

Cd Radio Player - boombox, cd player


My experience with this boombox was horrible. I bought it, it worked fine for the first 4 days, then the cd player got messed up. It wouldn't load my cds, instead, the cds would spin out of control in the player. This boombox is not recommended. Coby CX-CD241 Portable CD Player with AM/FM Stereo Tuner, Black

We have this CD player in our kitchen so that my toddler and I can enjoy his favorite tunes while I'm making dinner or whatnot. He climbs onto the counter and gives this stereo such abuse, and touches all the parts you're never supposed to touch on a CD player, and yet it still works perfectly! I'm really impressed by this machine. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that is does make a quiet electronic "hum" when it's plugged in. It doesn't interfere with the quality of the music at all. But if you're in the room and all else is quiet, you'll notice it. For this reason, we keep it unplugged when we're not playing a CD. Otherwise this CD player is great!

When I was christmas shopping, I thought this looked really cute, and I figured, "Hey, it's cheap, and looks good." So I bought it. It worked pretty well for the first couple of days, and then the CD playing system on it just decided to stop working. I checked all things that I might have possibly done wrong, but I didn't find any. When you try to load the CD, it doesn't let you play anything. I would not recomend this product for whoever wants to buy it, because it did not work like I wanted it to, and it made a pretty lousy Christmas present after I found out it had broken. DON'T BUY THIS.

Alas, it makes a very noticeable hum even when it's OFF! I have to unplug it if I want the noise to stop. Very disappointing.



But if size matters to you, it's worth mentioning that it's surprisingly small, especially in comparison to other portable stereos. It is easy to carry and fits anywhere.



(edit dec08.2006: and now it's incredibly fickle, frequently interrupting a cd with "ERR" or not even playing it at all. i want to replace it, but where are all the red cd players?)

I should have read the reviews closer myself before buying this....mine just inexplicably quit working after only having it a few months. Dont buy this piece of junk...there is a reason it is priced cheap.

I bought this product so my 3 year old son could listen to music before going to sleep in his room. It is terrible. There is a constant hum as long as it is plugged in. The volume of the hum depends on how the power cord is angled at the back of the unit. The CD player never worked right. After a few songs there is a "ER" message on the screen. Most of the time I can't even get it to play a CD. I'm very disappointed. Don't buy this product.

Sadly we received the product broken. It wouldn't play beyond the half way mark of any cd. In requesting a replacement the company returned the money without any comunication. It was rather strange but they refunded the money so one cant't complain.

I know this was not the top of the line radio, but I only needed it to play children's cds for my infant son. The cd player part is broken it will not play cds. The radio part works. However, that is not why I purchased the radio. Would not recommend to anyone. - Cd Radio Player - Boombox - Cd Player - Portable Cd Players'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information