Friday 9 September 2011

Inflatable Mattress - air mattress, air bed


This "4 in 1 Coleman Quickbed" is the very best ever in my opinion! I bought another brand inflatable bed from Kmart and stacked the two twins on top of each other trying to make a camping bed for myself at 66 years old, which would be tall enough to get in and out of (old knees). That double stacking, without a way to tie them together, was not really very safe. Also, one of those Kmart ones lost air the first night without anyone sleeping on it. For that reason, I knew it was time to start over.



I found this Coleman 4 in 1 Quickbed on the Amazon website and read reviews of it from other sites as well, then ordered it. It was well priced as well, I might add.. I got it promptly and immediately inflated it. I was told by another camping friend who summers in the UP of Michigan, to get a hand pump too, as it isnt easy to add a little bit of air to one of these by hauling your bed out of your tent to the car (didnt want a pump with batteries) every few days. I ordered the Coleman hand pump and it really does the trick for that, and was only 10.95 on Amazon when I purchased it. After you read what follows though, you may not need that...



This Coleman 4 in 1 Quickbed is very versatile. It can be used as a twin stacked or separate, or as a king.It zips together easily, and clips in two places on the other side to hold that side together when stacked. I bought it for guests in my home, as well as to use stacked for camping in a tent. There is only room in my smallish second bedroom which I use as a "bead room", since I also design jewelry) for a twin extra bed for guests. This Quickbed holds air well, that is for sure. I inflated it two weeks ago as I planned a camping trip and wanted to make sure it would hold air before taking that trip. This camping trip was cancelled because of 16-22 degree morning degrees (in central Florida) for the entire time of the scheduled trip. I left the bed inflated as I had company coming within a a couple of weeks for a few days after Christmas. My friend used this bed even without adding extra air!!! She said it is VERY comfortable and the fact that I didnt need to add extra air with a hand pump really floored me!!



I found a deal during the Thanksgiving sales, for "any size down like comforters for 19.95" and bought both a king and a twin. I used the king (doubled) over on top of the stacked Coleman Quickbed for some padding and to close the "dents" in the top of the inflatable, kind of a mattress pad of sorts. I then made up the bed with linens which included that twin comforter on top. It was a big hit for my guest at home!



One more tip: I bought a nicely designed 12v car air pump which would also be useful to pump bicycle tires from Target to use on this bed. It would never totally initially inflate these air mattresses even giving it about twenty minutes, which is ridiculous. I kept it as a bicycle pump though, as it is great for that, but useless for inflating an air mattress. I bought a Coleman Quick Pump with 12v car adapter, and found out that THIS PUMP instantly inflated this bed (I had partially deflated it to see) and was COMPLETELY impressed with the tight fit with the pump on the Quickbed and the speed at which it inflated that bed...I love that pump! Consider that as well, if you dont already own one.



If you are an older adult with some arthritis or knee problems, this bed will work for you! You will be thrilled with its quality for small spaces in your home or condo if you need an extra bed, or for tent camping- if you are crazy like me and still want to enjoy the real outdoors at your "young" age! Coleman 4-in-1 Quickbed

This bed is an amazing value. After reading the other reviews on different brands, I decided to go with the Coleman. I love that you can use this as two separate beds, or create one big one, or a taller version of the twin bed. I have slept on this bed about a dozen times. So far, I would say it is extremely comfortable and well made. Also, some of the airbeds are not long enough for me, this one is. I am 6' tall.

I had a split chamber airbed years ago, and have been looking for one to replace it ever since is sprang a leak. My only complaint about this one is that it is a king-size when opened and I only have queen size sheets. The reason why I love this bed is that I can have my side nice and firm and my wife can have her side a little softer. I'm a big guy, so whenever we share a standard air mattress it gets too firm for her as soon as I lie down. Not only that, whenever the other person moves even a little bit, your side bounces up and down. Not with this bed! It also works well as a twin bed for one. I took off one star for there being no queen size option and the lack of an included air pump. I hope other manufacturers catch on to this concept and run with it.

Pleased with the prompt delievery of this with amazon.



Used this product to sleep on a middle school floor during a mission trip. Easy to setup with an electric pump (borrowed from someone else) but you do need one with the right flow valve. Durable, did have to top it off the second night and towards the end of the week but much better than other mattresses. Convient that could take apart to share with someone that did not bring an air mattress. Together it would have been a nice high bed. Flexible on size, durable and comfortable. Used for 7 days and had a pretty good night sleep considering sleeping on a classroom floor with 20+ teenagers! - Airbed - Air Bed - Camping - Air Mattress'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information