Saturday 10 September 2011

Chain Saw Sharpener


Don't let these reviews sway you, pick one up right away you won't regret it. The directions are the worst, but if you can figure it out, you will be happy you did. I tried the 5/32" file and that was a lot of work and because I have pins in my arms could not put enough strength into filing the chain so it only lasted cutting 4-5 tree branches before it went dull. Picked this baby up at local Lowe's and couldn't be more happy. Sharpening now is quick and easy and not a pain in the behind it was with manual filing. Excellent product, especially for a homeowner who only needs his chain saw once a year. Oregon 30846 12-Volt Sure Sharp Chain Saw Sharpener

I have used this for a couple years.



It isn't very durable. Shortly after I began using it had to put a nylon strap around it to hold it together.



Also the knob that you tighten to hold the sharpening "sticks" is not easy to work with and doesn't hold very good unless you use a pliers to tighten it in place. This is a problem since the knob is hard to get at with your fingers and/or pliers.



Save some money by just using your electric drill to sharpen it or get a higher end product. You just need to match the angle of the sharpening with the angle of the chainsaw teeth.

I like the product and once I figured out how to use it I was happy. I think it should come with better instructions as I had to figure it out by looking at a couple of pictures and I am still not sure if I am using it right, but I am able to cut what I need.

I have used a manual Oregon sharpener for 28 years and thought this one would be easier and faster.But it's really like sharpening free hand, with no depth stop of any kind only degree marks to go by. I'll buy another manual. I own a sawmill and cut a lot of timber not some weekend warrior.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information