Tuesday 27 September 2011

Charging Station - charger caddy, valet


This charging station looks nice and holds several items. It is stury and well made. The only downfall is that is it really difficult to plug items into the power strip which has to be inside first. This is because the back is not open but has a slot in the back and there is an opening on the top under the removable tray. I have very small hands and it was a very tight fit through the slot or the top opening to plug items in. Once done, though, you don't have to mess with it again and it is so much nicer than having devices and cords all over the counter. Lipper International 812 Bamboo Charging Station

It's a pretty box. But it doesn't hold all the cables that need to be hidden. What you have to remember when buying something like this is, apparently, that the chargers don't plug straight in, they often take up two spaces on a surge protector. You put the surge protector inside the back, and although it may have 4 plugs you can only use two of them because of the hangover of the chargers. It's not working for me.

Very good looking and perfect addition to my bamboo collection however it is not very functional. First it was hard to tuck in a surge protector in the small space in the back even though I bought the exact same one it recommended. Second, my electronics do not hold as nicely as I would like since they have to be somewhat tilted because the chords are attached at the bottom not behind them where the holes are located. Still very nice looking and workable I think.

My husband and I really like this charging station! The iPad fits nicely on it's side at the top of the station and our other devices fit great in the slots. We are very happy with this purchase! I love that it is bamboo and matches the rest of my kitchen.

Ordered this station and it works great. Order the cord to go with it, some of the phone chargers are awkwardly shaped and I had to work with it a bit inside the area for the plug ins to make it fit using a cord from IKEA. Looks great and I like the little container at the top for stuff.

I needed a stand to hold our cell phones next to our new Panasonic cordless phone base that has Bluetooth to connect cells to land-line phones. For the price (less than $25), this works well and looks good on the kitchen counter. There isn't a lot of space for power supplies/chargers, but I managed to get three inside by using an extension cord with three outlets and small chargers (such as those that come with Motorola phones or Kindles). It's too small for a power strip or for more than one or two larger chargers.

Most of the charging stations are black or mahogany in color but are cheaply made and finished. This one has some style and was a no-brainer for my wife for that reason.

As others have said, space is tight and a power outlet strip will not fit along with the huge chargers for today's cell phones and tablets/GPS units. The "octopus" multiple extension shown on the Amazon website is overly heavy-duty for this station but it works! If you can find a similar multiplier made of 16-gauge "zipcord" (typical extension wire) thickness it would also work (I could not find anything like this).

Very satisfied. - Charger Caddy - Valet'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information