Friday 23 September 2011

Columbia Sportswear - leather belt, leather belts


This belt is very sturdy and substantial and is noticeably well made, with quality stitching and a nicely smooth-finished buckle with a brassy gleam. The unusual colored fabric band is held in by many small leather stays across it, keeping the patterned cloth in place and guarding against fraying and snagging.



I get the impression that this belt will last a long time, which is something many belts fail to do.



The belt was shipped immediately and arrived quickly without paying for expedited service, redolent of that wonderful new leather smell. Columbia Men's 32mm Oil Tan Guatemalan Belt,Brown,36

Don't be fooled by the wording of the ad. The only part of this belt that is made in Guatemala is the colored fabric inlay. I was disappointed when I got it and looked on the inside and it said, "Made in China." Nice belt, but not Guatemalan.

WHEN I HAPPENED TO SEE THE BELT, IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. I DIDN'T NEED A BELT, BUT I HAD TO HAVE IT. IT IS DEFINITELY WELL MADE. THE LEATHER IS MY ONLY CONCERN. IT IS VERY HARD AND STIFF. I'M HOPING THAT IT DOESN'T CRACK OVER TIME. ONE POINT TO MAKE IS TO MEASURE YOUR WAIST AND ADD FOUR INCHES. YOU WILL BE LEARNING FROM MY MISTAKE!

I recently bought the Columbia Men's 40mm Oil Tan Leather Edge Belt for every day use. This belt worked out well for me but I wanted some thing that was a bit dressier and not as wide. The Columbia Men's 32mm Oil Tan Guatemalan Belt fit the bill perfectly.



This is a exceptionally nice looking belt with a beautiful colorful inlay. This belt is 1 1/4 in. wide as apposed to 1 1/2 in. for my other belt.



This belt went threw a treatment called oil tanning or chamoising , where stiffer leather is infused with various oils to soften it. The Indians used this type of treatment for the clothes they wore to make them soft and wearable. You can feel the oily texture on this belt, but fortunately nothing has come off to stain my clothes.



With the exception of the inlay, the belt seems to be all leather. Not as soft and attractive as your more expensive or designer belts. But a good buy for an all leather belt particularly since it has such an attractive inlay. The only down side that I can see is it is made in China.

It looks great, but the quality is sub par with cheap leather that is already starting to crack at the buckle hole flex points. Also, the belt is short for the size ordered... I got a 36" and I can just barley get the last hole engaged.. it's more like a 34"

This belt is gorgeous, great colors and the diagonal leather overlays really add to the appearance. If you order, take the advice of other reviewers and get the next larger size, as it does seem to be smaller than (normal?). That's what I did and it's perfect(usually 34..got a 36). Very nice belt and should last as long as my last one(without the colors), which I still use for work(8 yrs.+) If you need/want a casual belt, get this one. - Leather Belt - Leather Belts'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information