Friday 23 September 2011

Swingline 3-hole-punch


Can't beat it for the price. Nice, simple, and does what it's suppose to do. It's actually even smaller than my other three hole puncher that I purchased from staples, in which I returned when I received this one. Not only is it smaller, but it's also half the price. I've had it for about 3 weeks now, and so far im very happy with it. Highly recommended!! X-ACTO Economy Three hole punch with comfort grip - clamshell, Assorted Colors (1549)

It's one of the cheaper hole punches but is really good. It's supposed to have an 8-page capacity, but I can get away with more each time. It was delivered with no shipping fee when I bought it, so that was awesome.

Nothing special about this hole-punch. It works just like it should and does exactly what I need it to do. Only thing I don't like is the bottom cover tends to come off a bit easily, not a big deal though.

I really don't like to give bad reviews. But darn it, I'm really unhappy with this product. It worked for about a hundred or so sheets before one of the punches failed to go down all the way. That means the third hole only gets punched maybe 85% of the way. I wish this were a gem that did the job for a great price (it's really cheap). But alas, this is another case of "You get what you pay for".

This three hole punch, does the job it's designed for, but the only flaw is that it doesn't allow you to align the paper all the same. For example you can three hole punch it high on one set of papers, but then next batch of papers you might three hole punch it low. So when you put the papers into the binder, it doesn't align properly.

Though it was light weight and compatible, I wasn't pleased with the product.

As another reviewer said... They had issues where after about 100 sheets one of the punches didn't cut all the way through the paper. Well with mine it happened after about 20 sheets. I know this is super budget but still. It should last a little while longer ;)



Also - it doesn't have a page guide / stopper. This seems like a given. I want to punch in the same spot every time. In it's defense if you line it up with the base you can get pretty even punches. But I prefer a guide.



Try something else.

This X-ACTO hole punch is surprisingly well constructed given the price, and has performed with no problems at all. Although it's designed for 8 pages, I've managed to punch batches of 10 pages without any problems. The hole collector is easy to remove and empty, and it's quick to line up the paper before punching. It's much smaller than the previous 3-hole puncher I used, which is perfect for hiding it in the stationary draw when not in use.

I just received this product today and it absolutely doesn't work. It will only hole-punch the bottom hole, the top one doesn't even puncture the paper at all. I have never been so frustrated and annoyed with such a simple tool. I am usually very impressed with most of my Amazon purchases (even the cheaper items), but I will definitely be buying a different one.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information