Thursday 8 September 2011

Consumer Reports - wiper blades, wipers


I bought these wiper blades based on the recommendation of consumer reports. They were listed as a CR Best Buy based on the testing done amongst their employees. I entered in my make and model and Amazon did the rest. I bought the wiper blades in a set that could have causeed an issue. The recommended set had an extra inch on the rear wiper blade. Not a problem for me being it was on the back but could have caused issues on the front. Double check the size of the blade when in the shopping cart. I have had the blades about 6 weeks now with no issues and clear views. Anco 31 Series 3119 Wiper Blade - 19"

This is a really nice wiper blade. Easy to install. Nice and smooth on the wiping action...no chittering here.



My one disappointment is the recommended size was too small for my 2006 Honda CRV. Every other manufacturer recommends a 20" blade on the passenger side. Anco goes with 19". I hem and haw and order the 19" thinking they must 'know' their blades. Unfortunately, I should have trusted my instincts and gotten the 20". The 19" is a bit on the short side. I can live with it since it's the passenger side but I will order 20" next time.

In three months the wiper blade fell apart. The arms connect to each other with a plastic nub in hole. The nub wore down and the blade came apart during a rain storm (of course).



The other brands that I have used connect with a metal pin -- much more secure. ANCO uses a poor design and is a definite safety hazard.

First I tried expensive Bosch wipers but they did a poor job. Next I paid a bit less for Rain-X wipers, and those were better but still not good. Finally I said what the heck and bought a pair of these for $6 each and they are without a doubt the best. The others left streaks but these just work like they're supposed to. Cheap, easy to install too. The Rain-X's are now in my trunk as spares. Don't spend a lot on wipers.

I have purchased these for the past few years for our vehicles, and never had an issue installing, removing or using them. The actual wipe was only slightly smaller than factory oem blades, but considering costs, it is easy to get past that. Also, I actively use Rain-X and the wiper works well in combination (if needed).

These wipers are garbage! The very next day after putting them on, the driver's side literally fell apart.

I know these are economy wipers, but I expected to get a bit more out of them than 24 hours!

They are made of cheap plastic pieces that are linked together haphazardly.

My advice is spend a few more dollars and get the Rainx brand wipers, they are metal... EVEN the cheapo wipers at my local auto part store are metal and better made!

I bought these blades based on the excellent reviews on Amazon. It took me about all of four seconds to put them on. One blade came snapped in two, but Amazon's return service was AMAZING. I had a new blade in two days and the broken one picked up by UPS the next day. All I had to do was put it in the original packaging and leave it on my porch - easy as pie!! So far, the blades seem to be working very well. The provide a clean swipe with no chatter. I am looking forward to seeing how long they last...but for the price, they can't be beat! Even they last a few months, they are still worth the investment over buying blades 2-4 times as much.UPDATE- after 10 months plus on the car, I replacing them with another set of the same. I think they are even cheaper now a year later!! They provided quality wiping for the past year. Just make sure to clean the blades with glass cleaner once in awhile to keep them smooth and quiet. - Camry - Wipers - Wiper Blades - Automotive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information