Sunday 18 September 2011

Corded Phone - 1-line corded phones, good quality


I selected this phone in order to provide caller ID in our kitchen. Our phone is mounted in a part of the kitchen that does NOT have a nearby electrical outlet that most of Caller ID phones require. This one operates on two AA batteries and is simple and easy to use. The only drawback is that when the phone is mounted on a wall surface there is a space of about 1/4 inch between the phone and the wall that is a bit unsightly when viewed from the side, but this is not a serious drawback. Panasonic KX-TSC11W Corded Phone with Caller ID (White)

This is a very reliable, easy to read phone (for all of you with aging eyes!)

My only problem is that is doesnt have a speaker - which of course is my fault for assuming and not checking. It has a very easy memory function, which I love. All around for the price, a great, reliable phone.

Took a few minutes to change the adapter on the back of the phone to use as a wall phone because the instructions weren't too clear. But other than that it works very well. I like the memory and way to access the missed calls. Because we have caller ID the name and number are there. A simple press of a button scrolls through the missed call list and the stored phone number list. Lift the receiver and the number is called. Even the fact that the phone doesn't fit flush against the wall has become an asset making it easier to read the screen. So we are quite happy with the phone.



Update: Three years later and no problem with the phone. I have noticed that the clear button really doesn't clear past calls. I think it just sets a pointer so the old calls are still actually stored. But who cares...not really a big problem.

I have always found Panasonic phones to be keepers. This one is no exception. Good solid audio, controls that make sense, durable, attractive. I bought a number of them on the Amazon "Warehouse Deals" program. They arrived promptly and had no flaws that I could find.

Corded phones have been disappearing from stores and online vendors.

For some buyers this unit lacks usual features ( no speakerphone or answering ) but has other essentials- caller ID and waiting , plus phone book. It is relatively small and most important- Panasonic quality.

For those who still prefer a corded phone ( as a backup to cell and/or cordless or as a primary unit) I would definitely recommend.

This review is based on the looks of the phone - not on its function. Most importantly, this phone is not "white" - it is dingy off-white, almost putty-colored, which will not blend in with other white items. Secondly when the phone is wall mounted it doesn't cover the standard wall plate and protrudes awkwardly from the wall and plate (I think another reviewer mentioned this too); the line cord is also visable and doesn't tuck behind the phone like other wall-mounted phones do. If you are looking for a corded Caller ID that doesn't need A/C power, only consider this phone if you don't care about the color and about the wall-mount system. I'm sure that the sound quality is up to Pansonic standards but it is a very unattractive phone.

This is a good reasonably priced phone. I have a hearing impediment and wondered if the volume setting would be enough for me to clearly understand conversations. I was happy to find that I can use this phone without any problems. Only thing I would have liked was a backlit display window. Setting the LCD contrast to the highest position still isn't enough to make out the display without having it under a light.

I bought this phone as a wall phone to be hung on a wall in the kitchen. I needed a corded phone because I had no electrical outlet for a cordless phone. Unfortunately, when you hang up the phone in its cradle, the slightest touch or motion will make it fall from its hanging position. This phone was made to be placed on a horizontal surface as the plastic lip to hold it in place when you hang up the phone vertically, was poorly constructed and does not hold. It was a poor choice for that reason.

This phone suits almost exactly what I was looking for. It is for the bedroom, a hardly used phone. I have caller id and was looking for a corded phone with caller id and this is perfect. The only thing it doesn't have which I wish it did, the dials or called id screen do not light up at night. I've got to turn on the light to see who is calling. Other than that, this is a great phone; good quality for the price! I'm pleased! - Caller Id - Corded Speakerphone - 1-line Corded Phones - Good Quality'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information