Friday 16 September 2011

Custom Leathercraft - bag, bears


I guess it's how you measure. The "box" part of this carrier measures 19 x 6 x 8 inches. It's about the same as a competitive carrier sold at Home Depot for about the same price, but lighter in weight. Of course Amazon has sales from time to time. In any event, after getting over the disappointment about size, it's a fairly nice unit and offers an advantage in that the main compartment is divided into three parts whereas the HD version has one large compartment. That makes it more useful for me. There's plenty of nooks and crannies for a great many tools, including on the space dividers. It comes with a strap that I'll use for hanging it up near the workbench for easy access to the tools. For some reason Amazon sent it in a 40" carton. Custom LeatherCraft 1530 43-Pocket Electrical and Maintenance Tool Carrier

I am a journeyman electrician for a software development company, and my toolbag is with me almost all day. My boss had this same bag and I was impressed with many of the features. I purchased one for myself and have been using it for the better part of a month. Overall, the bag is high quality with a lot of nice features. The end pouches are great for holding my frequently used tools like linemans, dykes, nut drivers, and screwdrivers. the small plano-style box is very handy for things like wire nuts and ground tails. On the negative side, the center pouch is a little too short to hold my hammer and my jab saw. They both stick out one side at an angle, and have fallen out a couple times. Also, the shoulder strap isn't padded and when you have 20-30 lbs of tools in it, it starts to hurt pretty quick. It's still one of the best toolbags I've owned, and I have had quite a few.

Bought to replace the 23 pocket version. This is an awesome bag. I'm a 5'9" 180# man, and this bag is just small/light enough to carry around full. Any bigger and it would have been pretty unwieldy, but this is perfect. I didn't find the detachable end pouch to be particularly useful, but that's my single complaint. the pictures don't show it well, but one great feature is a metal "Tape Measure" tab riveted into the largest center pocket, right underneath the handle. If you use a smaller clip-on belt pouch, you can keep your favorite few tools in the pouch, and clip it to this little tab when you want to store it, so all your tools are together without you having to transfer them back and fourth. Mine holds an assortment screwdrivers, a complete set of allen wrenches, assorted pliers, three different wire strippers, three different crimpers, two flashlights, a tone/probe kit, a butt set, a DMM, a field soldering kit, a punchdown tool, and a lot of smaller tools, with a bit of room to spare. Just the ticket for any electronic field service. Highly reccomended.

I do a lot of "handyman" repairs for myself and friends but I am not a professional. I like to have everything I may need in one place to start plumbing, electrical or other repairs when I walk into a home. Unlike the lift lid tool boxes I have used in the past this carrier, with all of its 43 pockets, allows finding the tool quickly and keeps everything nicely organized. You don't have to empty out tools to find the one you need. It is made of heavy material and is rivited at the handle. It is very lightweight and when fully loaded it can be carried easily. It has a small parts box for a few screws, nails, wall anchors, etc that may get the repair done without bringing more boxes into the home. This carrier is very well designed and will last anyone a life time.

My hubby had enough of his bucket, and looked for a long time for just the right bag. He loves this thing. His whole bucket fit in with room to spare, loves the tape loop, he can find things now. Great bag.

I have now had 2 of these bags in the last 6 years. The original bag lasted just about 6 years before I managed to wear it out. I'm not easy with the bag, I pick it up however I can, and when I get to the job, I DROP it on the floor and the darn thing holds together time after time. The only reason I had to replace it was that I kept putting sheet metal shears, needle knose pliers, and dykes in the bag with the pointed ends down and over time, they made a hole in the bottom of the bag next to the side, same with the screwdrivers. This time the pointed ends are up and it seems to work better for me. The only week spot seems to be the shoulder strap rings. They pry open over time, I TIG'd the ends closed and no more problems.

This bag is better than anything you will find at one of the box stores and big enough to get to heavy to carry if you really load it up. Good value and durability for the money.

I purchased this for my dad for christmas. He is a mobile repaiman, and has to lug his tools from hiw work van, to his work area at every job. He likes it, and says its just the right size, not too heavy when its loaded full of tools, but still has plenty of space. In fact he sais theres so many pockets, that he still has empty spots.

This is a very well designed tool bag. It provides many pockets just the right size & variety for all your tools without making it unwieldy. Great economy of space. The item arrived slightly deformed due to shipping in a box. However, I think it will return to its designed shape over a few days. - Equipment - Custom Leathercraft - Bears - Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information