Saturday 24 September 2011

Dance Workout - fitness, aerobics


I found yet another great workout through Amazon. I really enjoy this one and if I'm going to be totally honest, I lost a lot of my fitness levels lately and needed something just like this to get me back in top notch again. While I don't need to lose much weight, I need to get my fitness back at the top and this has helped me progress because it's fun to do and the step portion is about 20 minutes so it always seemed doable.

It uses basic choreography so you shouldn't find it hard to keep up and Tonya is a great cuer and motivational. The weight section is about 22 minutes, so when you put both portions together, you get a great 55 minutes (including warm up and stretches).

The toning segment is also easy to follow and the perfect amount of time. All you need are weights and your step and that's it. If there is one thing I don't like about the dvd is the pre-program Bible meditations, but you can obviously skip that and get straight to the fantastic workout. I love it and highly recommend it. Step Pump With Tonya Larson

Tonya Larson's Step Pump DVD is truly innovative. I liked seeing new moves that I haven't seen before, while keeping "the core" in mind. As I licensed physical therapist I appreciate the care she took to make this workout both safe & effective. With 3 intensity levels I feel comfortable recommending these workouts to a wider range of people. The instructions were great even during more challenging choreography moves.

As a mother of 3 boys under five years of age I need a solid workout worthy of the limited time I have for myself. Tonya Larson's manner is both warm and encouraging. I thoroughly enjoyed her spiritual warm-ups and obvious sincere faith. What a refreshing workout!

Jill Albus,

MSPT, Mom

I am enjoying the step portion of this video. In terms of complexity it is intermediate - some choreography, but the steps are well explained and manageable. It's not too intense, but intense enough to be interesting and fun. Two comments to bear in mind: (1) There is no good warm up. I therefore am doing the warm up section from Kathy Smith before starting. You HAVE to do a good warm up to avoid injuries. (2) Could do without the spiritual stuff - just ignore it. Good value for what it cost!

I've recently moved overseas and have been finding it a challenge to get into my new exercise routine; I miss my gym, and the aerobics classes, terribly. After trying this DVD only once, my attitude has improved. The workout is well-rounded, and some of the choreography is reminiscent of my former gym instructors' routines--now I know where they got their material! ;) Overall, an excellent buy, and I love how Tonya forces me to do all the things I'd rather not--like squats--boy, was I sore after the first run through of this video, in all the right places--hamstrings, inner thighs.... I just wish there were more Step combos--I can never get enough of good choreography. :) This DVD will have its own special place in my core collection of workout DVDs...

Tonya has a really soothing voice but her video is a bit hard to follow if you're a beginning stepper. She does not go into details on how to perfect the moves. It took me about 3 tries to get the routine down. There is a meditation section and weights. - Aerobics - Christianity - Fitness - Dance Workout'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information