Saturday 3 September 2011

Daniella Chace - juicing, smoothie recipes


I've had this book for about 2-3 weeks now and I've made a handful of good smoothies from this book and the rest of the recipes sound great...but I'd need to own a smoothie shop to be able to make half of these recipes. All of the recipes use different ingredients and the ones I want to try the most include several powders so I'd have to go out and buy dozens of different powders and juices for this book to be useful to me.



I was hoping this book wouldn't have a lot of fancy ingredients. More Smoothies for Life: Satisfy, Energize, and Heal Your Body

I love this book! I was looking for a recipe book that would give me good ideas for making delicious drinks, and this book takes it one step further...these fantastic smoothies are actually GOOD for you! What a great way to combine good health and good taste. Thank you Daniella Chace!

I am really enjoying this book. The author has done a really nice job explaning the cause of common ailments and then gives recipes that incorporates ingredients to help protect against them. The chapters make it simple to refer to the areas that I personally want to focus on and I appreciate the fact that the information is coming from a practicing nutritionist.More Smoothies for Life: Satisfy, Energize, and Heal Your Body

I got what I expect when buying this book. I like the organize of the book. However, I feel like it misses something (maybe it is my fault). I am new for the smoothie kind. Therefore, I am not familiar with the ingredients to make a smoothie drink. The book does not have figures or details of the ingredients, so I am not sure what they look like or where I can buy them. But overall, I enjoy the book.

I APPRECIATE AN AUTHOR OF A DIET/NUTRITION BOOK/MANUAL TAKING THE TIME DOING THE RESEARCH, AND LETTING US KNOW WHAT WE ARE REALLY PUTTING IN OUR BODIES. I LIKE KNOWING WHAT GRADE OF FUEL I AM POWERING UP WITH. I.E.WHAT LECITHIN GRANULES ARE GOING TO DO FOR ME. WELL WRITTEN, EASY TO UNDERSTAND, AND MANY GREAT SUGGESTIONS.

I am loving this book! I recently lost 30 pounds just by cutting a lot of junk out of my diet. Traditionally, I have not been the healthiest eater, and I have been wanting to make a real change in my diet. One of my problems is that I don't like the textures of many fruits, but I like their flavors. Smoothies are a great solution for me because I am ingesting the fruits (and other healthy ingredients) in tasty drinks. Did I already have things like flaxseed oil or nutritional yeast on hand in my kitchen? No. However, in an effort to eat healthier, I have no problem purchasing these ingredients to accomplish this goal. A little bit of an investment up-front will pay off in the long-run. Plus, the ingredients tend to last a while, so I don't have to constantly stock up.



The best thing about this book is that the author (a nutritionist) explains the health benefits of the different smoothies and their ingredients. The book is separated into sections based on things like burning fat, building muscle, increasing libido, etc. Nutrition facts are included for each recipe, so you will know how many calories are being ingested per serving in addition to vitamins, protein, fat, etc.



I'd recommend this book to anyone wanting to embrace a healthier way of life.

The recipes are not only good in taste but the author goes a step further by adding in all of the nutritional benefits of the different fruits and vitamins. If you are interested in more than just great taste but in the benefits of what to add for your health....This is the book for you!

I have the same problem with this one as I do with her first smoothie book. Every recipe calls for about 4 servings of fruit. Where is the balance between fat/carbs/protein?? I'm a big fan of breakfast smoothies, but I make sure that it always has around 25-35 grams of protein in it. Some of these recipes call for adding a scoop of protein powder into the mix, which will get you to that 25-35 grams, however just about every smoothie calls for so much fruit, that your carb count is upwards of 100-120 grams of carbs...in one meal!! Holy crap. You don't need all 5 servings of fruit a day in one serving. The sugar rush that I would get if my breakfast had upwards of 100 grams of carbs would be absurd.

I'm a green smoothie guy, and this is not really a green smoothie book, so it gets minimal use, but of the stuff I have used, it is good. Introduced me to some good additives such as nutritional yeast. Only true complaint is low consistency smoothie to smoothie so you would need a huge amount of ingredients to make different recipes on different days. - Juicing - Delicious Drinks - Smoothie Recipes - Smoothies'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information