Saturday 3 September 2011

Gps System Accessories - power cord, charger


I ordered this along with my Garmin nuvi 765t and it never worked.



Thankfully, Amazon did it's usual superb job of replacing it with just a few mouse clicks.



When the replacement arrived it was of a much simpler design and worked just fine.



Detail:

The original version I got had a slot in the back of the plug-in unit into which various plugs could be inserted to adapt it for the appropriate country/voltage/etc. My guess is that the connection between the adapter and the unit were not good and so it just didn't work.



The replacement unit which I received was made with the North American prongs already built in and no adapter was necessary for use here. The unit was packaged with adapters for UK and European use if needed. The just plug onto the NA prongs.



If you order this, see if you can determine which type will be sent to you or if you get the older-style version try to exchange it. Garmin AC Charger with International Adapters for nĂ¼vi

I was happy with this product, the shipping time was quick and the price was great! When I searched for this product in several different stores, it was never available and if I wanted any of the stores to order it in for me, the price was much higher than what I paid for it on Amazon.

The back of the packaging lists: StreetPilot i5, i3, i2, nuvi 680, 670, 610, 370, 360, 310, 270, 260, 250, 200, 250W, 200W. Only by checking the Garmin website for the nuvi 750, and in particular the item number 10-10723-00, was I sure that the AC charger I received was in fact for the nuvi 750. It was a little confusing.

The charger is convenient since I use my Nuvi 650 most frequently as a pedestrian. Who wants to have to get it in and out of the car or keep the computer on for charging? So it is worth the price for me. Product quality is excellent - what can go wrong with a charger? It should have been included with the original purchase along with a carry strap and case since Garmin promotes the Nuvi for handheld use.

Very happy with this product. I charge my Garmin 260w at home and pretty much use it all day without having to hook up the auto power cable.Garmin A/C Power Cable for nüvi Portable GPS Navigators (010-10723-00)

Works fine, allow my Nuvi 760 to be used while charging, instead of going into USB mode.



One thing I have learned by chance is that when you use a standard USB cable to connect to a computer, you can get it to go into non-USB mode like the charger, but it's not always straightforward. I've done it by disconnecting, then reconnecting the cable after a few seconds - I guess it gets confused. - Garmin Nuvi - Power Cord - Charger - Garmin Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information