Sunday 18 September 2011

Dell Laptop Battery - dell inspiron, laptop battery


I own a Dell E1505 laptop computer. The original battery did not last very long and since I have been using my laptop as a portable 'desktop' computer. Recently I decided to purchase a new batter as my travel frequency has gone up. I normally purchase items from Amazon with good to excellent feedback. So I was comparing the 9-cell battery by Tavas with the one by New Trent and I ended up purchased the one from Tavas as it had a better rating (7200mAh vs 6600mAh) and is slightly cheaper because I had to pay tax if I ordered the one by New Trent.



The battery arrived and immediately I put the battery to test. Boom it was not working. The computer BIOS complained that it does not recognize the battery. But when I booted into Windows I can see the battery meter displayed about 52% charge and I can read the battery ID (don't remember the exact ID No.) and such but apparently the battery is not charging. I removed the power cord and the computer was still on so the battery was actually supplying power to the laptop. When I plug the power cord back, the little power cord icon was showing that the battery was charging but after a few minutes the charging icon disappeared so again the battery was sitting idle.



I called Dell technical support and was advised to only buy Dell battery. Finally they told me that the issue can be fixed by flashing (the BIOS) but I have to purchase a one time support which would cost me $59.95 because my laptop is out of warranty support. So I decide to return the battery since Amazon offers a easy return process.



I then reorder the 9-cell battery by New Trent. It took only three to four days for the battery to arrive and again I immediately plugged in the battery for a test. The BIOS did not even notice that there was a new battery. Every thing just worked as my original battery. I booted into Windows and found that the battery was charging normally. This battery, when fully charged, gives me about 4 to 5 hours run time with my laptop set for Maximum Battery (as opposed to Maximum Performance). So far I am very happy with this battery but I only own it for less then two days. BTW, the battery is rated at 7200mAH even though the ad on Amazon says the battery is rated at 6600mAH. New Trent 11.10V,7200mAh, 9 cells, Li-Ion, Replacement Laptop Battery For Dell Inspiron 1501, Inspiron 6400, Inspiron E1505, Latitude 131L, Vostro 1000 Brand New

Received this battery a couple days ago and have been impressed since. My old battery for my Dell I6400 would last about 40 minutes before it would so graciously turn off with no warning. I saw this as the sign to get a new battery. I was pleasantly surprised to find this New Trent battery for under $40 on Amazon. My first replacement battery for this Dell cost over $100 and didn't even last 1 year before the above mentioned symptoms.



My Dell computer recognized this battery without a problem and I am getting between 3 and 4 hours of battery life now. I would definitely recommend this product after only having it for a few days now.

With the original battery in my Dell Inspiron 1501 worn out -- only about 10 minutes of runtime before it would require recharge, and with the computer giving me constant messages that the battery needs to be replaced, I went to Dell to buy a replacement. I was shocked to find that a new Dell battery would cost nearly $150! While uncertain about buying an "aftermarket" battery, I researched quite a bit, looking at various batteries, and after reading a number of excellent reviews for New Trent products, I decided to purchase one. The battery arrived promptly, I installed it today, and my Dell immediately recognized the battery and began charging it. Given that I have just received the battery, I am not yet sure what the full run time will be -- as I have not yet discharged it. However, after some of the bad experiences I learned of during my research with folks who bough other brands of batteries from other companies, I am very pleased with the New Trent product. And, you can't beat the price -- less than 1/3 the cost of a new Dell battery! Finally, I also checked out New Trent's website, and spoke with the company on the phone with some questions, and they were incredibly helpful and kind, and really stood behind their product. I do not hesitate at all to recommend this company, and I will absolutely return to New Trent the next time I need a laptop battery.

I have had this battery for several weeks now. The price was low and that made me a little worried but since it was ordered from Amazon I knew they would make it right if there was any problem. It holds several hours of charge and I couldn't be more pleased! I will definitely re-order this battery when I need one.

This is the fourth battery I've had to buy for my Dell Inspiron E1505. I seem to go through battery's fast. That is until I read what others had to say about Dell batteries being less than adequate. As I searched for another replacement I came across this one on Amazon and chose it because of positive reviews and the more than reasonable price. It arrived quickly and upon looking it over I found it to be a well assembled product, that plus the quality packaging set me up to the fact that this is a excellent product. I'm sure I wont be disappointed and so far I haven't been. - E1505 - Laptop Battery - Dell Inspiron - Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information