Monday 5 September 2011

Desk Organizer - organizer, cable organizers


I reluctantly ordered the Wiremate after reading a series of mixed reviews - most of which were very poor. But since there isn't much else on the market - except the Cable Manager which I already own (works great, but all wires are exposed) and the Belkin Concealed Surge Protector (which I own and LOVE, but doesn't have much room for wires), I tried it.



Am I happy with the Wiremate? YES



Since there is basically nothing else out there, the Wiremate will have to do. And it does its job rather well.



No wiree stick out when wrapped correctly.



The cover snaps on easily, but remove the cover carefully to avoid snapping the thin plastic tabs (as other reviewers have done). The tabs could release much easier.



Yes, the plastic is thin, but it is not flimsy. I have a modem, 2 routers, and a portable WD harddrive sitting on top (with the wires inside) and it looks great with no sag.



The wiremate is big! Bigger than I expected. But the look is clean enough that it isn't an eyesore. Plus you can mount it out of sight if desired.



So, all in all, I am very happy with the wiremate. I would give it 5 stars if the plastic tabs weren't so poorly designed. Until something better comes along, this will have to do. Wiremate Cable Organizer Black

Wiremate Cable Organizer, Black



While this product does help with wire clutter it isn't the absolute solution. It did nicely tidy up the cables between my laptop and second monitor, but it seems to only work well in situations where all your hardware sits very close together. I guess I would have to purchase another one to organize the cables for my routers, modem, and external devices.

This product is very average. It is difficult to figure out the right length of cord to wrap so that the cord can reach the outlet and also the computer or other electrical device. By the time I had all my cords in it, the lid wouldn't fit on and some cords are too tight and the organizer won't sit on the floor. It also is not very durable -- it is just made of cheap plastic. It did help with my cord clutter but I think there is probably a better system out there.

I've been looking around for a simple cable management for a while now. I took a chance with this one and I'm glad I did. It was real simple to use. I was just using twisty ties on them but I needed to conceal it.



I separated all the wires and worked with one wire at a time. Got all the slack out of the wires. Its nice that you can wrap them any way you can to pull the slack out. Once all the wires were in there. I simply put zip ties to to hold them all together. Finished it looks really good.



I'm a Gamer and a pc enthusiast so I have a lot of stuff on my desk with a whole lot of wires. This works perfectly.



The quality is alright. The plastic feels light and flimsy. No big worry since my desk sits against a wall and nothing is going to hit it in fear of cracking the cover. The tabs you wrap the wires on could be stiffer with tabs sticking out a little further to hold wires on so they don't slide off. Other then that I'm happy with it. Its cheap and simple.

I'm kind of torn in this review. After I finally got everything wrapped up in it and was able to get the cover on, it was perfect. Just what I was looking for. But getting to that point was a bit of a pain.



If you're using this for computer cables or something, you probably would have a better experience. I was using this for TV and home theater cables (mounted to the back of a tv cart type of thing). This included a couple speaker cables (small), HDMI cables, Component Video cables, and various power cables. Maybe I was just trying to use it for more than it was intended - but with some of the cables being of higher quality - that made them a bit thicker and not as malleable. And I could easily just blame this whole thing on the cables... but I was really hoping this organizer could handle them.



Problem was that as I started to wrap more cables around this, it became difficult to find a good path to wrap the rest of the cables - especially the larger ones like the heavy duty component cables and some of the power cables. It took a lot of effort and thought on my end to get things to fit and I was afraid to move any single cable, lest I then have to move many more.



Eventually I got it all to fit, and it looked great. But for the amount of effort I had just put forth, I debated if it was really worth it. Like I said, any other situation and this is probably a fantastic product. But I wouldn't recommend it for any sort of home theater.

I have 2 PC's and 2 monitors as well as an external HD, router modem and a host of other items that need to be plugged in. The wife was tired of seeing Medusa behind the computer so I purchased this and was able to hide just about all of the wires inside the box and behind my desk.



It's much neater now..

"The product is great. The cables and wires coming from my computer, HDTV, xbox 360, ps3, cable box, sound system printer and all other accessories were hanging on the wall and looked horrible. I really didnt know what I could do to conceal all those wires. This product was really easy and held the wires with ease. It is a tad flimsy but it doesnt matter. It works great and now all those long cables are no longer scaling up my wall and my office looks so much cleaner. I would recommend this product A+++"

"This product was intended to be mounted on the back side of a desk. Since all our PCs are on top of cabinets, we set the Wiremate either to the back or the side of each computer. The amount of wiring that will fit inside these little boxes is incredible. You still have wires entering and exiting the Wiremate, but you have so much less to clean, it is worth the inconvenience. There is also a feeling of increased security of the wiring itself. Great product. Additionally, this is the least expensive website I've found for this product." - Organizer - Desk Organizer - Cords - Cable Organizers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information