Saturday 24 September 2011

Deskjet Printers - ink cartridge, combo


By HP default black print uses the color ink. If you can not manually select BLACK only when printing common for Apple users, you can reinstall the printer a second time but change the print drivers to basic HP laserjet, rename the printer to be aware. The result will be dramatic as the laserjet driver you will see the black text crisp and clear compared to the MIXED color. You will cut back on buying color cartridges and only need to buy one black cartridge instead for basic noncolor print jobs. Google it! HP 920 Ink Cartridge in Retail Packaging, Combo Pack (CN066FN#140)

This is a very convenient way for me to order these 3 ink colors. I have One-Click ordering set up, so that is all there is to it. Exactly what I need for my printer. My HP all-in-one printer uses these inks. I have the Free 2-Day Prime shipping, and the price here is low, what more could you ask for. REVISION: I previously stated that there wasnt room in my printer for the XL colored ink cartridge, but the OfficeMax salesman demonstrated to me that that is not true, the XL cartidges are not 'wide' like the Black cartridge, but they still hold more ink and fit in the narrower slot. Sorry if I misled anyone by making a statement without really knowing the facts.

This HP inkjet combo color cartridges does not yield 300 pages per color. It ran out after about 75 pages total. I hardly print color. Bad product from HP after 6 months sitting in the HP Officejet 6500 Wireless without use. I will have to contact HP Support about this. It is a rip off. Not recommended.

I put these cartridges in my printer, and everything seemed ok at first. Then my printer told me that it was out ink after the one print.

I did everything by the manual, and got another set of cartridges and they work just fine. I also got that different set from another company. So I am not sure if I got a recycled set or not, but they just didn't work.

Delivery was prompt and arrived in good condition.



Like most OEM inkjet printer inks, HP's is overpriced for what you get. They can afford to sell their printers at initial low prices because they make a killing by selling the replacement supplies at tremendous mark ups. Hewlett Packard's one redeeming virtue is that they do provide free recycling of spent cartridges rather than adding to the landfill bloat. Unless you know a reliable third party inkjet ink manufacturer that offers truly compatible replacement cartridges at competitive prices, I can only recommend sticking with OEM brands. Thus far, my personal experiences with the third party brands has been very poor.

The OEM HP ink cartridges yield the best results. The XL (larger capacity) ink cartridges hold more ink and will last longer. I've tried ink refill kits and remanufactured ink refills for my prior HP printers, but the color quality and number of page prints are lower with these alternatives.



To save a little money and to reduce landfill, I do reuse these color ink cartridges at least once by refilling them with the Inktec color kit sold here on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Inktec-Refill-Magenta-Yellow-Cartridge/dp/B003338KDA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297802597&sr=8-2 The kit is about $15 for the three colors and is good for at least 5 refills. The cartridges will start failing after the first refill though. You'll find my review for the Inktec kit on their Amazon product page.



Tip: Set your print quality to Draft mode to save on both the black and color ink if you don't need high resolution printouts. The ink cartridges will last longer that way.

Hp ink cartridges work well. However, I doubt page count is incorrect. I go through 50-60 pages and have to change cartridges. HP prices are exorbitant and their products use an extreme amount of packaging. (They did, however, improve a bit from a few years ago.)

The HP ink jet print systems are quite good. We are very pleased with the product. To stay pleased one must buy ink. Ink is expensive; probably the business model for the very reasonably priced printer that you stick it in. HP advertises "lowest cost per page vs. in-class inkjets" but with our usage, it is about the same as HP's older printers. To HP's credit, the new printer is much faster. - Combo - Fedex - Color Ink - Ink Cartridge'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information