Wednesday 7 September 2011

Disappointing


These diapers are great, they are of the same quality as Pampers, only about $6-7 cheaper for the same amount. They have the stretchy sides that are exactly the same type as Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers. They have a babypowder scent to them, which is a little stronger than the Swaddlers, but not to where it bothers anyone. So far I've tried Target, Wal-Mart brands, Huggies, Pampers and Luvs. From my experience they ALL leak, no matter what they say. Especially when my breastfed baby has an explosive poop while not laying on his back -- this makes the liquid come out from the back of the diaper. But these don't leak as much as Huggies and generic brands. They are also not as rough as Huggies. Like I said, I would compare these to Pampers, I really think they stole their design ;)

These diapers WERE great. We had our new born last May, and have used LUVS since birth after trying Pampers and Huggies. On our little one, Huggies leaked all over the place every time, Pampers were OK but not better at a more expensive price. We've been ordering LUVS from Amazon from size 1. Somewhere in the middle of size 3 boxes (a couple of months back), the LUVS diapers that we've received suddenly changed in quality. The cross-hatch is gone (it's all white now), the diapers are thinner, and the elastic on the sides are awful now, they lose their elasticity very easily, and of course that means leaky diapers. We thought that might have been a one-time thing, but the next size 4 box that we ordered are the same 'new' no-good quality. Up above in the images, I see that someone else had the same experience. You can see from the pictures there that the diapers are different now.



What happened to the great LUVS diapers???

I have tried pretty much every diaper under the sun, to include; Pamper's baby dry, swaddlers & cruisers, Huggies snug n dry & supreme, Target brand, and white cloud. I have found that Luvs are my favorite. I really liked the cruisers, but for some reason they gave my son a rash. Luvs were the last type of diaper I tried and I'm so sorry it took me so long to give them a shot! They're similar to Pamper's cruisers onl without the mesh lining and high price tag! This is why I LUV 'em:

1. They're thin, yet very absorbant.

2. They're really soft and have a powdery fresh scent.

3. The elastic keeps messes in, but doesn't irritate baby's legs.

4. The "bear hug stretch" is super stretchy-similar to Cruiser's.

5. Most of all, I love that they cost about 20 cents a diaper compared to the 25 cents that Pamper's cruiser's cost per diaper.

I thought I should just share with y'all that Luvs is manufactured by the same peeps that make Pampers Diapers. They consider them their "discount brand", lots of big name brands do that to keep the most amount of customers (in this case upper and middle class families) in their corner.

About LUVS diapers I can say nothing too bad - my daughter is 2 years now and VERY active and also drinks A LOT so we have quite a few leaky diapers throughout the day but I have to say I tried regular Pampers Cruisers, Huggies, Walmart Brand - she always has leaks, it just comes with the degree of activity and the amount of water she drinks all day. At night time I switched from Pampers Cruisers to Huggies Night Time Diapers; works really well for me, havent had any leaks in the middle of the night anymore. But during the day I stick to my LUVS, they are fairly cheap (only a couple of dollars difference from Pampers, but HEY) and do the job. I would like to comment on a couple of things some people here said (negative) about LUVS:

If the diaper is leaking, it COULD be the diaper, but most likely it's your little one; once they are more active, they wiggle and bend differently and what worked fine before, just doesnt work now any longer. Also, when they get in between sizes the diaper just doesnt do the job anymore, you need a bigger size. And maybe they just had a cup of water too many and you didnt realize it fast enough and there you have the leak.

If your kiddo has diaper rash, it could be the diaper, but most likely your child is already on the sensitive side - like mine - so what I did was I used a blow dryer every time I changed her diaper after I cleaned her up with wipes really good, and when her bottom was dry I used good ol' Vaseline (for babies) to keep the urin from entering the skin BTW Vaseline is what Pampers use inside of their Swaddlers and Cruisers, so there you have the secret ingredient to prevent rash in expensive diapers! Works really great! I only used Boudreauxs Butt Paste when she had a bad rash, to make it go away, other than that I ALWAYS used Vaseline, every single time I changed her.

If your little stretchy tab tears you really just got one out of the whole package that was faulty or you used to much force, it happened to me too, with Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers also, but actually the worst was Huggies - they almost ALWAYS tore. I must be doing something wrong - my LUVS hold up for the most part.

Last I would like to say that I never let my Toddler run around the house in just diapers on - she knows how to take them off and if she is playing bouncy on her ride-on car sometimes the already full diaper explodes and the gelly stuff comes out. Stretchy pants or shorts really help with that.

With Huggies I've made only bad experiences when she was a baby - it seems like Huggies are perfect for boys, maybe it has something to do with the anatomy and how the pee comes out, but they NEVER worked for my daughter. I am really surprised that the over night diapers from Huggies are so great, just during the day they also leak - I really think it's a gender thing. Correct me if Im wrong.



Over all, really love LUVS, I prefer Pampers, just not the price, so I save a couple of bucks each month by buying LUVS. Im pregnant with baby no 2 right now and for newborns to about 9 months I am going to use Pampers Swaddler and Cruisers ONLY but thats ONLY because I breastfeed and Pampers absorb runny messes like no other diaper - but only Swaddlers and Cruisers - they have a net-like texture that absorbs the runny poop and keeps it in there better than any diaper I know.



For the everyday (during the day) wear with mostly pee to take care of, I absolutely recommend LUVS.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information