Thursday 8 September 2011

Door Handles


Nice lock. Good looks and easy to install.(If old lock installed correctly)Bought this to replace old lock that had worn out. Installed in about an hour but that included fixing a bad installation previouly. Recomend and would buy again. Master Lock BAO0103 Ball Keyed Entry Door Knob, Polished Brass

What's not to like? This is a well built door knob and lock. It comes with easy-to-follow instructions and a couple of adapters to use for non-standard doors (you probably won't need the adapters). If you're just replacing an old knob, this is a cinch to install. If you're installing an entry door from scratch, more work, of course, will be required but again, the instructions are comprehensive. The polished brass finish makes the door knob look expensive. Add free shipping to this deal and Amazon, as usual, saves me from having to go to the home improvement store.

I installed a set of these locks on my tenants apartment's door and they failed within two months. I installed a second one after the first one failed and that failed as well. Why do people sell crap? I think I will go back to brand names for quality in the long run because these cheap products arent worth the headache.

I ordered two of these locks (two different orders) for two different tenant doors, only to find out after installing both locksets that the keys and locks were identical. I called Master Lock and was told how highly unlikely was the possibility of this happening.



Contacted Amazon and they promptly sent a replacement. I was surprised to open the package and find that they had sent two more locksets, ironically both with matching keys. Fortunately, it was a different key pattern so I replaced one of the originals and sent back the two I didn't need. Something of a hassle because if I wanted identical keys, I would have ordered the lockset pair which is offered with that specifically stated in the description.

4 Stars because of the duplicate key issue and the fact that, as others have noted, the instructions are not particularly useful. I've installed plenty of locks over the years and although this was changing out one 2 3/8" lockset for another, it still required chiseling and modification to the door and doorjamb.

The product arrived fast...and it was very easy to install although I do say this being aware that it took me about 30 minutes to figure out how to adjust the knob correctly...but that is my own fault for being so oblivious. If you pay attention correctly and if you're a beginner like me--read some directions--than you'll be just fine.



Amazon, once again has proven to be a very reliable company! =D

Took me over an hour to install this puppy, and it still isn't right.

It'll do until I have a locksmith check it out in the future, when

I have other knobs or locks that need work. I'm fairly good

at DIY projects, but not with with knob set. Knob on the inside

only works when I turn it to the left; from the outside,

have to turn the knob to the right.

I truly am not handy. I share my condo off and on with my college age son and wanted to lock-off my bed/bath while I travel so he and his friends didn't make themselves too much at home. This fits the bill perfectly. The trick was getting the old knob assembly off. I Google searched for how to remove the old door knob. I searched "how to remove an old door knob." I found it; there's a little button at the base of the knob I had to push in and never would have figured this out. After that, it took less than 10 minutes to install, including removing and replacing the latch assembly that I installed upside down the first time.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information