Saturday 24 September 2011

Eminem


Being a big Em' and Dre fan I thought thier performance at the Grammys of "I need a Doctor" was put together poorly but that was live and had to be rewritten for time and editing. Skyler Grey was great and the whole thing left me wanting more. Hence turn to Amazon.com and I downloaded the 9MB single hoping to fill that hunger. The layout and track itself is a 9 out of 10 as far as content but as other reviews have said, the first half when Em' is on sounds like the volume is dialed down and the bass is definitely turned off. Even Skylers part sounds muffled until Dre comes in and as soon as his voice hits he pushes the volume up and bass deep almost as if you pulled your fingers out of your ears. I am blaming this on the compression of MP3 somehow and hope that the performance and fine tuning of such things are gone when Detox comes out. I would hope if you bought a hard copy these imperfections wouldnt be in there. This IS the stuff that Dre and Em' put together in "Forgot about Dre" and beyond. Other than the audio quality it rivals Em' and Rihanna's "Love the way you Lie" as far as content and writing. Skyler was involved in both as far as that. To wrap up content 9. Sound quality 4, it just makes your mouth water for "Detox". This isnt the greatest cut of the song but if its the only one its definitely a yes to own. I Need A Doctor [Explicit]

I've been waiting for dre's album for a long time just like many others. I like this song a lot but really not because of anything dre...his lyrics and flow on here are weak at best. With that being said, this is still a great song from a man who has been in the business for what, like 25+ years now. Pretty crazy he can still make music that is still relevant...I'll put in with the rest of my dre collection.

Yes, we've been waiting. Dr. Dre is a perfectionist and it shows in his work. How in the world are YOU going to criticize the "Godfather" of gangster rap? Hes already proven himself over and over and over again. There is NO ONE better and producing beats and working with other artist than Dre. He obviously does care more about his label and "team" more than he cares about himself. Ill buy ten of this CD when it comes out, just in hopes that he doesn't call it quits! PS.. For all you "Monday quarter backs" and haters out there.. who has got more record sells than Dre? Who has got more talent at producing and more experience with writing than Dre? Who has signed more talented rapers than Dre?

Great song this is what I was looking for from detox. Eminem is awesome on this song and steals the show. Skylar Grey was great on the chorus. Dr. Dre's verse was nothing special but was solid. This song is a lot better than kush.

I am an Eminem fan and I like this. It's completely his style. Love Skyler Grey. Lovely voice. I do not have any "technical" difficulties with the song, but maybe that's me. All in all, a great beat, great vocals. Love it!

I LOVE this song, but this mix is absolutely terrible. The sound is extremely muddy, over-bassed, and sounds like a low-def recording made from a tape-deck. It's really a shame.



The version performed at the Grammys is about 100x better than this studio track, which is an absolute tragedy.



If the rest of the album is mixed like this, I'm going to pass.



In short: GREAT song, AWFUL/Muddy mix

I think the song is not bad, but this is not what I expected from Dr. Dre. Different from many other reviewers, I actually like pop music, and I like Em songs, but this seems more like a sequel for "Love The Way You Lie". I think Em dropped some nice verses and paid a very nice tribute to Dre, but this song doesn't have Dre's soul inside it. Kush was a very nice single, and I expected for something better as a second single. I am not asking for Dre to do the same musics he used to. I know music evolves (Kush is an example of that) but, I think it always evolves with your taste on it. For instance, Beyoncé has been dropping albums since 2003, she has come with so many different styles, but we can still find her identity in each of them, what I don't think happens on this song. It has no Dre's identity at all (in my humble opinion). Anything else, have a listen and you be the judge.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information