Friday 23 September 2011

Finis


We just got these in today and my daughter loves them - so fun to use! They are helping her to kick correctly when she's swimming - and move fast across the pool! The fins are made from 100% rubber, the quality is outstanding. The fins will more than likely last years and years. They will NOT fall apart after a couple of uses like those cheap ones.



The only problem I have, but it's not the fault of the fins, is that my daughter's feet are very slim and small. Sometimes the fins come off. She's 4 1/2 years old and wears a size 7 shoe. So if your son or daughter is petite, I would suggest getting the Finis Fishtail Baby Fins (Blue). I ordered a pair today and I plan to pick these up until her feet grow a little bigger.



Excellent investment - I highly suggest them for your own kids! Finis Fishtail Junior Fins (Yellow)

Oh, I hate giving a not great review >< I really wanted these to work for us - I like the snap adjustments, the shape and color... I was so excited about them! When they arrived we went straight to the pool and tried them out. My son is over 3 1/2, but is very tall and about the size of a 5 year old. These were just too heavy and awkward for him to use, and kept slipping off even when we adjusted them very tightly. He kept trying and trying, he didn't want me to take them off, but they are quite stiff, heavy and unpliable. They ended up rubbing some of his skin off on the front of his ankle, and he just kept sinking with them. Now, having said this, I could see these probably working for an older kid (7-8 years old?) - AND I do love the good quality construction. They are sturdy and well-made. This is what led me to order a different pair of fins from this same company - the Finis Junior Floating Fins (the blue-green ones, size 8-11, were a nice fit). They are also good quality materials, they don't feel like they are going to fall apart or tear, and they are pliable and light-weight. He had success with them.

I bought these for my 6-year-old to practice free-style kicking. I don't see how it helped him at all. The traditional style, i.e. rubber one with long fins seem to work much better. These are too heavy and stiff. I don't think they feel comfortable either. I ended up returning them.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information