Tuesday 13 September 2011

Flooring Stapler


Found the Floor Stapler worked fine, once I figured out how to assemble it, load staples - simple tasks once you do them, but the tool came with zero information. The DVD was just product advertizing, and the printed materials were a parts list. Porta-Nailer 46196 1-inch by 18 Gauge 1/4-Inch Crown Staple (5,000 per Box)

When I received my staples it was a mess,anybody who is familiar with UPS...Knows its a rough ride.

Unfortunately who ever packed my order was in a hurry and didn't secure them.Not only one box of

staples broke open, but another entire box of 5/8x1/4 also burst open. In a last ditch effort someone

had stuck a small strip of scotch tape on them before they shipped...waste of time! The staples themselves

are fantastic i just received my dewalt crown stapler from C.P.O.tools a flawless recon as usual from C.P.O.

I Slapped staples in (after sorting out the mess they sent me) and they tested out great. GOOD! Staples for

great low price. I will absolutely buy more! hope next order is in one piece!

I recently bought the Porta-Nailer 461 to install some Shaw engineered Walnut in our living and dining areas. I'm currently over half way done with the project, but wanted to review the gun. I have yet to have any issues at all with operation of this staple gun.



The floor attachment makes it very, very easy to get the staples exactly where they need to be. I tried using my finish nailer first and while I was able to get the air pressure set right in short order, I had to spend a fair amount of time making certain I was lined up for each nail and still had a moderate percentage of nails that went in too far out on the tongue or in to where they left marks on the finished wood. With the Porta-Nailer I've been able to just set the air pressure once and then start firing away with the staples properly aligned every shot. I have had no issues with jams, missed shots, or any other problems with the gun. It does exactly what it's supposed to.



I especially like the fact that the kit comes with a standard head as well as the flooring head. I have several other projects that I can see using this staple gun for and the standard head is what made the purchase well worth the money for me.



I would have given the Porta-Nailer five stars if it wasn't for the standard head. I had to take a grinder to the standard head to remove some material so that it would latch down. It didn't take more than a couple of minutes to get the head to fit, but if I hadn't had the right tools or wasn't willing to do the work then the standard head would have been useless on our stapler (I doubt it's this way on all of them). This is the only issue I've had with the stapler and overall I'm extremely pleased with this purchase. It has made my flooring job go much faster and easier than I would have imagined.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information