Thursday 22 September 2011

Fm Transmitter - charger, mounting kits


I have the Advanced Car Mount System FM Transmitter & Charger for about 2 weeks now. The first days, I loved it, it was doing everything as advertised. What I did not realize is the it is one solid piece, I was expecting that a loose wire between the cigarette lighter adapter and the cradle, it is actually the back bone of the system which makes the cradle standing by itself. The cradle is not attached to car by anything.



It it true that electronic is working perfectly however the weight of the phone is really the enemy, the little rubbers around the socket which goes inside the cigarette lighter have given up with the weight of the phone. So now, when I am turning the car the all apparatus is turning with the car and the entire stuff falls on the floor.



So, until this design defect is fixed, I would not recommend it expect if you have a very light phone not a EVO like me.



Vince Advanced Car Mount System FM Transmitter & Charger for ANDROID Phones - HTC, Google, T-Mobile, Motorola, Samsung

Bought this will some trepidation reading some of the other reviews but it works amazingly with the Sprint HTC Hero. It comes with a mini USB Power plug and some other adapter for some devices. Not sure what it is for. It also has the right sized audio plug for the Sprint HTC Hero. The FM transmitter is clear and easy to use. Just set it and forget it. It remembers the station between power cycles. I listen to music when traveling and when a call comes in the music on the Hero pauses and the call comes through. Music and phone calls are clear. Listening to music and the Sprint Navigation at the same time is interesting but that is an issue with the Hero, not this product.



One downside that I found was the placement of the USB power outlet on the device. It is on the right side and I feel that it just sticks out there. It hasn't been a problem though. The other downside is the audio plug should have been a 90 degree plug because it sticks out of the top of the Hero a bit too far.

This is a good single unit solution for a Motorola Droid. If your cigarette lighter/powerpoint is located somewhere convenient then this works well as a mount/charger/fm tuner all-in-one. Also easily moves between vehicles for when you want to bring your music on a roadtrip in another car. Good construction and the sound comes through loud and clear on my FM radio.

I bought this for my wife's birthday so she can charge, listen to music, use google navigation, and talk hands free using her HTC Mytouch 3G. I tested the unit last night and I believe the frustration of other reviewers here, is a problem with the phone not having a 3.5 jack. If you use this car mount for Mytouch then you will have to switch between charging and listening since there is only one connection (which in my opinion is a fault of the phone). That being said, I think this unit is great and one of the only available for this phone. There is a small USB 2.0 to mini USB for the Mytouch 3G included in the box I recieved.

Everything worked fine and I will update if things change with regular use.

All in all I'm pleased with this product but it's not near how it was advertised for my device. It's marketed for the T-Mobile G1 (among others) aka HTC Dream. One of the features is that it plays the audio and charges the phone at the same time. Out of the box it doesn't even come close. G1 owners know that there is only one HTC USB port on the phone. The inputs on the mount are 3.5mm audio and USB. I figured no bigee, I already had a 3.5mm to HTC USB adapter but of course this ended up not working right cause still no phone charging. I figured the next logical step would be to an HTC USB splitter. Almost but not quite. When you have the USB power line (I also tried a regular car adapter into the splitter) there's a lot of interference on the audio side (theyre right next to each other on the splitter). As my engine cycles higher than 2000 it gets much worse. I may try to work out some sort of shielding on the wire but I think this is a lot to go through when it was advertised to play and charge at the same time. Nonetheless, using Navigator or just .mp3s out of the car's stereo without batteries is totally sweet. When not charging, the audio quality is excellent.

I just received this dock and it works great. The arm seems sturdy enough to hold on long trips although I haven't taken it on the road yet. The FM transmitter has worked flawlessly so far as well. The only problem so far is the package came with a MINI-B USB cable rather than the MICRO-B USB cable which I need for my Google Nexus One. I called Accessory Genie customer service to be sure that I received the right product and was assured that I did.

I know for a fact that the Motorola Droid uses MICRO-B and several reviews referred to this product as working fine with it. So something must be wrong. Now I have to buy a new MICRO-B cable so I can have one always in my truck with the dock for charging and one at home for transferring media. I hate to give the dock such a low rating, because it does what it is designed to do rather well. But I think it should have come with the proper connector for newer ANDROID phones.



EDIT: I am revising this review and giving the product 5 stars. Because of the original 3 star review, I was contacted by the vendor (AccessoryGenie) about the missing USB cable. They promptly sent me out a replacement cable that would work with my phone. Awesome customer service! I rely on reviews to help me make good purchasing decisions, so I wanted to relay my experience to help others in a similar situation. Job well done AccessoryGenie!

This is great stuff for me. I just purchased an HTC Pro Touch2 phone from TMobile and needed ways to play all my mp3 that I downloaded into my phone. I was very hesitant at first because I wasn't sure how it would interface between my phone and the car audio system. It does more than transmit musics to the car audio system, I can answer my phone from it as well. Another word, I don't even use my bluetooth headset when I'm driving any more. I simply accept the call from my phone, the voice comes through my car speakers, and I speak through my phone's built-in microphone (hands free). The HTC phone comes with an adapter for the mini-usb port. That adapter port has a speaker out jack. I simply connect the phone audio port and the transmitter jack together, dial in any unused FM frequencies (for me FM 91.1), and the musics is played through my car's audio system. I have since used it on both my Mercedes and my Lexus. I haven't tried it yet but I'm assuming it'll work on my home audio system as well. - Mounting Kits - Charger - Cradle - Htc'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information