Saturday 10 September 2011

Game Camera - game cameras, hunting


Well about two weeks ago i purchased this camera... it was much much better than my Wildgame innovations s2, until it went insane:

I came out to check the pictures and it had 15 (3burst shots, brought the SD card up to the house and had lots of nice night photos on it... brought the sd back to the camera. loaded it and went to arm the camera and it starts taking pics w/o counting down like its supposed to, so i went into it and tried fixing settings but it takes pics about every 5 seconds so you cant get anywhere... it now just freezes the screen and takes pics... i even turned it upside down on the floor and you can hear the faint click it makes about every 5 seconds... anyways working on that with Primos ATM, hopefully i just got a dud. so your wondering why i gave this a 5 star review at this point, well here's why:

Pros:

-Takes awesome night pictures!

-Trigger time is very fast... birds can't even escape it's grasp

-it is very simple to use/set up and has lots of wonderful options like shot bursts and adjustments to how many LED's you use

-Battery life is awesome, 2 weeks in the woods and its at 96%

-Day pics are even better than the night pics

-Camo- nice when all the black ones tend to draw thieving paws' attention

-Pre molded hole (i'd recommend masterlock's python)

-i also like that it counts down from 30 til' it arms so you have some time to figure out if its where you want it ( my WGI just kind of goes into sleep mode so you shut the door and run i guess)



Cons (other than the obvious):

-There is a click when the shutter opens... deer seem to only notice it if they are within 5 ft.

-The mounting strap idea is absolutely terrible! i wish they'd tossed a couple holes in it for bungie straps like the WGI has

-I dont know if it effects anything, but i did notice after rainfall the bottom lip of the camera tends to have water drops there that gather... wasnt an issue for me at least.



Overall- great camera wish they'd put a bit more thought into the mounting of it because im not buying their bracket for [...] bucks, hopefully that will come on the next model, and if they make the shutter silent it will be the perfect cam for the money! i'd Recommend this to anyone... really the click isnt that bad and ive only had 1 3-burst shot where a deer looks up from 1st shot and runs in second shot (although the deer was probably 2 ft from camera). looking forward to the one Primos sends me for the one that broke. Don't be put off by the click... Get this camera-its the only one you'll ever buy!



-Edit, Got my new one and it's working brilliantly, 2 nights resulted in 81 pics, very nice night pics and caught a squirrel on the move during the day, quick shutter speed :)

-Edit: After 2 straight weeks in the rain there's no water on the lower lip of the new camera, wondering if thats why the other one broke, either way, its still working great :) Primos Truth Cam 46 Camera

I've been using my new TC46 and would like to comment on it.

I selected the TC46 because of it's "better than most" construction, it's 46 LED's, it's high level of features and the name Primos on front.

Pros:

- Programing is easy

- Triggering seems to working well

- I like the seal design on the TruthCam.

- Easily lockable





Con's:

- To make it function properly, I've had to use all the 46 LEDs and 5.0MP settings.

- With these settings, battery life is poor.





After placing the cam at my hunting location, the next day I was delighted to see over 60 pictures registering on the readout. While I had the sensitivity too high and got some nuisance trips, I had over 20 pictures of "blackness". That was even with the 46led setting. This is unacceptable since it should of at least picked up a tree at 5' away. I have gotten good night pics from the cam on other evenings. It looks like night pics at 50% battery are not possible because that's the reading I had in the morning. 50% battery is only a couple weeks of life, if that. I emailed Primos and I am waiting to hear their response.

This camera has worked well for me. With rechargeable batteries, I've taken 429 photos in a week and still had 50% of the battery life left. As for the external power port, I tried it, but the battery didn't last as long as the internal rechargeables did! If someone has a solar panel the external power might be a good option.



The camera is sometimes slow switching between day and night photos. At dusk the photos are sometimes too dark and at dawn they may be white(I have another brand that does the same thing). However the trigger speed is very fast capturing animal movement easily.



One thing I don't like is the limited delay choices for taking photos. There is only a 1 minute delay and 30 minute delay option between shots, none in between. Other cameras I have offer a 5 and 10 minute delay.



Overall, this is a good camera. I've used it now for 8 weeks and captured some great buck photos!! I would definitely recommend it to a friend!!



Dan R.

I haven't been too happy with my Truth Cam 46. I did get plenty of pictures of deer and really like the way the camera records the date, time temperature, lunar phase, etc. However, the camera randomly shuts itself off. I don't want to go walking around the thicket where the deer bed down every couple of days to make sure the camera is still on.

After a lot of research I decided to purchase 2 TC46's. I purchased 2 6v battery packs with solar panels and have enjoyed the results. One camera did have a problem. The camera lens cover was shattered during a visit. No indication of anything hitting it. Still took great pictures. E-mailed primos and they quickly replied that they would happily replace it. Getting 900 to 1100 pictures a month. I'm sure that higher priced cameras take better pictures under certain conditions but I am so happy with these cameras at these prices that I just ordered a 3rd camera. Happy huntin. - Deer - Hunting - Game Cameras - Trail Camera'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information