Tuesday 20 September 2011

Garmin Nuvi 260w - garmin nuvi 260w, charger


This product didn't work at all. After I plugged my garmin into it, at first, I thought it had ruined my Garmin. My GPS would no longer power on. When I used my gardmin in the car, it finally worked, I am afraid to try the charger again. Generic Standard Red LED Wall/ AC/ Home Charger for Garmin Nuvi 1490T

Bought my wife and I each a Garmin GPS for Christmas and purchased two of these so that we would both have a charger for work or home. I plugged each charger into each of the GPS's and neither one would charge or work while plugged into the wall with this charger/ac adapter. I'm contacting the seller to attempt to return both chargers. I would not recommend this product at all.

Plug this into your Garmin and it will go into a loop rebooting. After two hours with Garmin tech support and reinstalling software, I figured out it was the AC adpater. Plugged the Garmin into by Blackberry adapter and it works fine.

The Garmin instructions ask that you charge the new 1490 for 4 hours prior to use. Faithful to the instructions, I plugged the charger into the Garmin, plugged it into the outlet, red light came on, the Garmin blinked. Not knowing any different, I let it "charge" for 6 hours. I powered up the Garmin, and it said "low battery" and cycled off. So I repeated my steps, with the same result. The next day I plugged it into my MacBook Pro via the USB cable - it came up and charged fine. Same with the car setup.



So - in review, not worth the postage.

Waste of time and money. I ordered a Garmin Nuvi 1490 charger. But I received a Motorola RAZR cellphone charger, along with an invoice that stated I received 1 Motorola RAZR charger and 1 Garmin Nuvi 1490 charger. Wait, there was only one item in the box! The charger that I received made the new GPS reboot constantly, so we stopped using it immediately - sadly, the incompatible charger was part of a larger gift that included the aforementioned GPS and we didn't want this bogus charger to break the new toy. No one should have to order a product that is plainly listed as one thing, get something else entirely, and then have to spend time either checking that the two are compatible or filing a complaint. Looks like I was not alone - and Amazon recommended this accessory! Wow! How about that? But if you want to be that guy, this is the Garmin charger for you!

I was so excited about get a GPS, was a while to set up the GPS to download everything, go to go on a trip and it didn't work. It wouldn't turn on. Sending it back with wanting a full refund.



Thank you much.Margie

Total waste of money. Instead of charging my Garmin, it made it cycle, thereby totally discharging the battery. After that, my Garmin wouldn't work at all. After I hooked it up to my computer for a while, the battery charged enough for me to see that the Garmin wasn't destroyed after all. This is the same charger that is also advertised for the Garmin 260W, as well as the 1490LTM -- I wouldn't use it on either one. I am at a loss as to why this is being sold on Amazon at all, since it never seems to work, according to the reviews I've read belatedly - and it's offered by numerous sellers.



Definitely worth the price to purchase the authentic Garmin charger, if you feel you need one. Suggest just charging the battery using your computer instead.

This charger does work, but it is not made by Garmin, it is a knock off. The Garmin Nuvi 1490 Standard Red LED Wall / AC / Home Charger is not UL Listed and you do not need it. After I received my Garmin I discovered whenever the Garmin is plugged in to the computer via the (included) USB connection, it is also charging the battery of the Garmin. Also in order for the Garmin to receive traffic reports on the road, the unit uses the cord (also included with the Garmin in the box) plugged into cigarette lighter as an FM antenna. The battery included with my Garmin is adequate and most of the time when you are using your Garmin it is already charging. So you do not need another power adapter, it comes in the box with two 'free' power adapters already. There is no need for another potentially unsafe, unneeded, device. If you did need an AC adaptor be sure it is made by Garmin, otherwise the quality is very questionable, at a minimum it should be tested for safety by UL or UL Canada.

This is a very useful, handy accessory to have... you may not use it all the time, but if you're travelling, visiting friends or family in parts unknown, packing your Garmin and wall charger is a great idea. - Garmin Nuvi 1490t - Garmin Nuvi 260w - Charger - Garmin Nuvi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information