Thursday 8 September 2011

Garmin Nuvi Mount - suction cup, garmin accessories


we seem to lose the suction cup and have had to replace it a couple of time(leaving it in rental cars, falling out of brief cases, etc) So that is our biggest problem. This suction cup stays on the windshield very well, and is easy to release it from there. The product does what it is supposed to do- mount the Garmin. Would recommend it if you need something to mount your Garmin. Garmin Suction cup mount

The suction mount does what it's supposed to do. It'll grab onto any nonporous, flat surface and provide a firm mounting location for several of the Garmin GPS models (I am personally using a c550). However, a bit of caution must be exercised if this is used on a window and left there while driving in locations of high heat. I am just about ready to order my second replacement suction mount because the rubber suction cup has been adhering to the window by melting the rubber. The suction cup remains permanently fixed to the window until it's pushed or pulled from its position. After which there is a nice black ring of rubber left on the surface of the window. After the melted rubber has been removed, the suction cup no longer holds suction on any surface. The seal (or lack thereof) generated by the irregular surface of the suction cup perimeter is no longer sufficient to support the GPS. I may consider picking up a friction-weight mount for the dashboard next time.



See: Garmin Portable Friction Dashboard Mount for nüvi Series and StreetPilot C5XX Series GPS Navigators (C530, C550, and C580)

I left my suction mount at my last car rental. I needed a replacement but didn't want to spend a fortune. This product is a Garmin OEM and a not a cheapo knockoff. It fit my Nuvi 200 perfectly. Same exact manufacturer's product id (010-10747-00).

In the past I had bought this item as a knock off Garmin Suction cup Mount. It's cheaper, and I got it quicker, but it did not work as well.



This one has all the bells and whistles. It's got little holes cut in the ball. The rubber part of the base is more pliable. Most importantly, it fits snugly on the back of my GPS. The other did not. When I drove, my GPS would fall with out warning.



It's worth the money to have something that works well. There are enough distractions when driving. You don't need a falling GPS. - Suction Cup - Garmin Mount - Garmin Accessories - Garmin Nuvi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information