Thursday 8 September 2011

Iphone Earphones - ipod earbuds, earphones


OK, if I had really dug around I would have noticed this before purchasing -- the volume controls don't work with the iPhone 3G (and according to the Apple page I have since discovered, neither does the mic input).



So it's more or less useless to me since the mic and volume control are the two useful features of having a headset with my iphone (I use it to listen to music on the bus, answer phone calls while walking, etc). This seems to be the standard Apple iPhone headset, at least that's available via Amazon -- yet its key features don't work for the largest portion of iPhone users?!



Stupid move by Apple. Avoid if you have a 3G. I know it's at the end of the details about the headset, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one who might guess that the remote and mic might actually work on "Apple Earphones with Remote & Mic" Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic (OLD VERSION)

I bought these specifically for my Ipod Touch, 2G. Sound quality is good, they are basically the standard Ipod ear buds. If you're interested in making Voip calls through your touch, then these are a must. I use them for making phone calls through Skype (using the Fring app). They work perfectly out of the box (and yes, it is hard to open!) I called my husband's cell phone and he reported my sound quality being just fine. It's too bad that they don't work on my Mac too...

I got these headphones as a replacement for my iPhone headphones, those lasted for about 10 months. These only lasted 2 months!



Sound quality wasn't that bad but it wasn't great either, ease of use was ok but after only 2 months of regular use they started acting up. I'd get calls and I could answer them but they couldn't hear me on the other end. I didn't expose them to water, pull them, yank them, twist them or put them in a position where they would become damaged. So, what's up with these headphones! And also, it's not like they're [...] bucks each! For $[...] + I should get some quality in exchange don't you think?



Now I need to replace this piece of crap and get me some headphones that work and last. I strongly suggest you stay away from these headphones if you plan on using them for more than 2 months.

I bought this product initially for my iPod Touch 2nd Gen to use with new iPod Touch Skype application. I am a heavy user of Skype and was missing mobility feature of Skype and mic in iPod Touch. Now both are full filled. I can now receive and make VOIP calls using Skype from my iPod Touch and Apple earphone Remote with Mic. The best part is, I also have a MacBook Aluminum (late 2008), when I plugged the headphone into MacBook, it worked flawlessly. Now I can even control iTunes (volume, paly/pause and track forward only) from the little remote and can use the mic with Skype, Yahoo Messenger, GTalk and other audio related application. Initially I was planning to buy Apple in-ear headphone with remote & mic, which costs $80. Then thought it's not worth it, as by paying $20 more I can buy a Bose in-ear headphone. But this $30 Apple Earphone is really 4 in 1 - Headphone + Remote + Microphone + Spare headphone for iPod Touch. Recommend this product if you have iPod Touch 2nd Gen and/or MacBook/Pro Aluminum. Don't buy it if you have iPod Touch 1st Gen or MacBook white, it won't work.

I got these for my ipod touch 2G and they work like a charm. I needed something that would allow me to use the nike + ipod application AND not having to go crazy about clicking the right controls on the ipod. With a couple clicks you can FFW/RWD a song, pause and +/- the volume. The nike ipod app for the touch needs a little improvement to work as well as the nano did but this headphones help a lot.



ALSO, you can use your ipod touch as a Skype phone with these headphones. Very convenient! - Ipod Accessories - Iphone Headset - Earphones - Ipod Earbuds'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information