Tuesday 27 September 2011

Gmrs-frs Two-way Radios - 2 way radio, 2 way radios


The radios work just fine for a short distance. The vox , auto talk works on voice activation, but be careful what you say and remember it is on, because phone rings , talking on the phone, dog barking or any other slight noise will activate it. Tried these up to 5 miles in the country setting and would not work, but if you are closer they work just fine. Midland LXT114 22-Channel 18-Mile FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radio (Pair)

This is a initial review of the Midland LXT114 [pair].

I just picked these up over the 4th of July sale Ace Hardware had. Originally selling of $14. each, they had on special with a $10. rebate by mail check each. So for a final investment I thought I could not go wrong for $4. each! They are a bit larger that the pair of Uniden [5 yrs. old] GMR 325-2's that I already own. They take the same batteries AAA x 3 as the older ones. The clip seems nice and sturdy, the battery covers are a bit tricky to get off but I'm hoping they loosen a bit with age. One nice thing is that the pre-programmed channels [22] all have freq's that match the Unidens, I was not expecting this & very happy. So now I have four radios that work togather for a total investment of about $25!!! We mostly use on family/friend outings. Hoping these are better on battery use than the Unidens, we will see. FYI the screen is NOT backlit like the photo shows. It is a light grey [unlit] with bold black numbers. Not especially helpful in low-light/night situations. I will post additional comments as we use further.

This product working very good and sounds very clear for me. For my experience I found these two Midland and Uniden brands are best over all other brands: easy to use, battery last longer, and voice sound better. My battery life last longer on this brand name in compare to AudioVox, Motorola and Cobra brand. I like very much...and I bought a pair and then 2 months later bought another pair of (Midland GXT1050VP4 36-Mile 50-Channel) with higher mile range. So check it out and buy it whenever the price is right low. Thank you for reading.

This radios don't work as good as they're advertise. As a matter of fact they don't even come close.

The manufacturer says that if you are in a flat area with no obstructions, that they can reach up to 18 miles. Well

I live in the country wich is the best place to test these because there's no interference and a quarter of a mile was all

I got from them. I bought these to keep in touch with my kids in a cruise and that was even worse.

If we weren't in the same floor we couldn't copy each other.

The sound quality of these midland two way radios is not as good as some other radios that I have used. I had a spare motorola two way on hand and by comparison the sound quality of the motorola was much clearer. The midland radios have a sort of white noise that I did not hear from the motorola. I am not saying the there was no background noise with the motorola but rather the noise was much softer and less distracting. The voice quality of the midland suffers because of that white noise hissing.



I did not test the range so I can't comment on that.

I bought these to use on a camping trip to a music festival way out in the country so that my son can have a little more freedom this year than he has had in the past. We've tested the range on these walkie talkies to confirm that they are good for about a mile radius in an urban area. I put really cheap dollar store batteries in them, and they're still going after two days straight of the two of us talking very frequently on them (my kid loves these things). So, now, I just have to get myself to the point that I am willing to let him out of my sight for short periods of time with the other kids his age. Sigh. I really wish these things had a hidden camera and a tracking device.



The one mile range we established was nowhere near the 18 miles the packaging says these are rated for, so if you need that kind of range, especially in the city, you may be looking at buying something more expensive. All of the options in this price range seemed to lack range according to the reviews I checked. And I've got no complaints about battery life so far, but it wouldn't surprise me if better walkie talkies came with longer battery life. These are good for the price, though. Build quality seems sturdy, and they fit nicely in my hands (medium-sized women's hands). I recommend them for short distances and camping trips.

These radios work great for use when organizing or working inside and outside events. They work great outside because of their noise canceling technology that way you never have to worry about wind interferring with your conversation. If you are using these as security radios, I would recommend the Midland clear security headsets to buy along with these radios. Although other reviews have said that the distance was not very good, I have to disagree. The distance works great when even several miles away, unlike other claims of only 100 yards. The batteries last several days when running 8 hours a day. You will not be dissapointed with this great buy!

These might take a lot of batteries over time Here is the link to a comparable model with a wall charger and batteries also dual power usage but it is not just an option as this ad says. I don't know if it is me or what but It took me a while to realize that because there is a photo with them on the same page. So if you don't want the charger or batteries get it... I think it will work out alright for my requirements of short wave radio.



THIS ONE HAS THE CHARGER: [...] - 2 Way Radio - 2 Way Radios - Gmrs-frs Two-way Radios - 2-way Radio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information