Monday 12 September 2011

Hard Drive Case - hard drive case, carrying case


Luv this case. Perfect fit for iomega & cords. Inside only slightly padded, however - pretty thin padding, but feels memory-foamish & better to have thin memory-foamish padding than thin cheap padding. Even tho has thin padding inside, the outside makes up for this because it's rubbery & substantial, plus the little square bumps all over the outside of the case actually provide great shock absorption. Have been using this case for nearly a year now in backpack bumping around the globe with absolutely no harm to my hard drive. The case with my hard drive in it has even fallen out of my backpack to the ground a number of times with no harm done to the hard drive at all. Note: this is not a thin case. Slightly bulky but still small enough to be comfortably portable. Wish it came in colors, I'd get another. Highly recommend. Iomega Portable Hard Drive Carrying Case 34477

I think it is important to have the right case for your portable hard drive if you are traveling with it and for protection in the home too. The Iomega case fits the hard drive snugly with added support for the plug. I like the strap across the insides for added protection and the stylish outer layer adds even more shock protection. This is a must-have.

I recently received an Iomega Prestige 500 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive and wanted a portable case to go with it. I was between the Case Logic Compact Portable Hard Drive Case and the Iomega. The Iomega seemed to offer more protection and I figured it would also fit better since it was made for Iomega drives. I was wrong.



Unfortunately, the Iomega Prestige drives are smaller than most of the older drives. When placed inside the Iomega case, there is about a 1 inch gap, length-wise. Additionally, the stretch strap that should secure it is of little use as it barely even touches the Iomega Prestige drive.



I was however, impressed with the build quality and construction. The zipper glides smoothly and the exterior material feels soft and well cushioned. Also, the mesh pocket easily holds my USB cable. I have an older and larger portable hard drive that fit inside the case perfectly, so I am keeping it for that drive.



For older and larger portable hard drives, I think this case is perfect. Unfortunately, if you have the newer Iomega Prestige drive or a similarly sized drive, this case is just too spacious.

I have the 320GB and the 500GB Iomega drives and this case just ROCKS! It looks cool and is very padded and protective. The black matches the drives color and inside I can not only store a drive but also the USB and power cords as there is a pocket with mesh netting. Really isn't much else to say other than it does what it is supposed to for a great price and that means everything these days!

I bought this case to protect my eGo Blackbelt external hard drive when I carry it in my backpack alongside my notebook computer and other electronics and stuff. While it is solid, well built and made to fit the HD -- an elastic strap secures it in position --,I found it takes up a bit more space in my backpack because it's thicker. I used a neoprene sleeve for a previous HD and quite liked it (even though it didn't offer the same level of protection, my old HD was never damaged), but decided to go with the Iomega carrying case this time around.



One thing I do like about this Iomega carrying case is that it has a little pocket on the other side, where I stash the HD's USB cable.

I recently purchased an Other World Computing Mercury Elite-AL Pro Mini hard drive, which seems slightly larger than most portable 2.5" hard drives from other manufacturers. The drive dimensions are 5.5" x 3.8" x 1.1". I tried about 5 or 6 different cases, none of which were large enough, except this one. Don't be fooled by the inner dimensions advertised for other cases. The reality is that all of the other cases I tried were smaller than advertised. The drive fits just perfectly in this Iomega 34477 case -- quite snug. In fact, maybe a bit too snug to put a USB or FireWire cable in the case with the hard drive. But for me that's OK -- I can simple put the cable in my laptop bag or in my backpack. So if you are looking for a case to protect your Other World Computing Mercury Elite-AL Pro Mini hard drive, this is the case to get. And it's a great price too!

Gonna buy three more. These are convenient to carry and I need many of them as I have a good number of hard drives used at both home n work. I have a carry-loop attached to it so that it is further mor easier to carry. It appears shock proof too... it did slip off my backpack-pocket a couple of times but the drive did not get damaged.

I purchased this to protect my Iomega eGO ext HD. While slightly thicker than my toshiba ext HD cover, I appreciate the extra padding and nonslip surface without the extra weight. There's some wiggle room so there's plenty of space to stash another 2-3 USB memory sticks comfortably. All in all, a sound purchase. - Durable - 500 Gb - Carrying Case - Hard Drive Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information