Friday 9 September 2011

Hardcore Tools - nail gun, cleat nailer


I recently purchased the Hard Core floor nailer based on posted reviews and was not disappointed. The pictures really don't show this is a big tool and well built. I used the nailer to install 3/4" walnut flooring using Bostitch 2" staples and it only mis-fired once trying to push 2 staples through at the same time. I would attribute this to the manufacture of the staple and not the tool. Jamb was easily cleared and it never missed a beat again. The instruction manual stated it used 16 gauge staples and I had trouble finding that size. In fact it uses 15.5 gauge with 1/2" crown and Home Depot had what I needed. Excellent quality tool and the price is right. If your looking I would recommend this item without reservation. Hardcore Tools® HARDWOOD FLOORING 1-1/2-Inch to 2-Inch Pneumatic 2 in 1 Flooring Cleat Nailer / Stapler

I did my first floor with this tool. I have two more to do. It is a massive and well built tool. It came with everything I needed to get it working. I shot the L shaped nails purchased from Home Depot and it never miss or partially fired. I ran the tool off a small Craftsman air compressor. It's the one with the small tank about the size of a long two liter bottle. It kept up fine and the tool worked well with it. Highly recommended for the price.

I researched these things a long time but didn't want to pay the price for a named brand one as I wouldn't have used the same amount of time as a professional. Just for your information, I came across a lot of people warning against the ones that look like the handle is small and held on with two U bolts as they leak after awhile.

This company advised as follow:



WE GUARANTEE MOST OF OUR PRODUCTS FOR 1 YEAR from the date that your item was purchased, against defects in material, craftsmanship, or normal wear. We will replace products free of charge



I ordered one. It works good for 3 week before start to leak air badly. I called the customer services and got the following answer from the manager: "We do guarantee most of out products but the nailer is not included (I cannot find anywhere said that the nailer is not guaranteed, Unfortunately I can only find out after the tool quit on me) The manager told me that all nailer can only be return or exchanged within 7 days from purchase and it must be brand new. As a customer, you will have to fix any problem by yourself after 7 days or it has already been used. But the problem is: the shipping will take more than 7 days. Even I got it within 7 days, how do I know if it is good without trying it. Basically THERE IS NO WARRANTY AT ALL ON THIS PRODUCT. They don't care about you once they got your money.



I tried to fix it according to the manual. but BELIEVE ME, There is NO instruction on how to fix it on the MANUAL. instead, there is only a tool break down pic. I am handy enough to do full tune-up and change break on my car, but I am not able to fix this thing. so... instead of have someone fix it for me(it will cost me 150 anyway), I will have to order another more reliable tool to get my job done.



Just let you know there is no warranty on this product. It is officially from their manager. It might works for someone. Hope they will not send a defect one to you. Good Luck to you all.

This is a top notch product, very easy to use, set up for 3/4 in. flooring right out of the box. Much better piece than the junk I was renting. Just wish i had ordered sooner, and included the 2 inch staples. The 2 inch cleat or 'L' nails worked fine with the 'rough' sawmill oak underlayment but, staples always hold better. By the way I was installing 1200 sf of 3/4 in. prefinish oak flooring over the rough lumber. Very pleased with this tool. Joel Townsend Tn.

Anyone looking for a quality flooring gun this is IT! I am weekend warrior with no formal carpentery training. I did a lot of research looking for the best gun for a reasonable price. I was looking at the Bostich, Porter Cable, Senco and found the Hardcore on Amazon. I am glad I did. The reviews I read gave me the assurance I needed to make my final decision. I hope this review does the same for you.



I am currently doing 1500 sqft, 3/4 red oak in my house with staples. The gun is solid as a rock, easy to use and versatile because it uses both staples and l-cleats. It was setup and ready to go. I did need to tighten a couple of bolts to stop an air leak but no big deal. It jammed once and that's because I inserted too many staples. The tools design made it easy to remove the jam. I'd recommed this to anyone looking for a flooring nailer. At this price you can also buy a good compressor to go with it. Plan on spending another $50 to have it shipped but it's still a great deal. This is a smart choice for anyone looking to buy a 2 in 1 flooring nailer.

This is a great product that lives up to its good reviews. It was less expensive to buy this than to rent a nailer for the time I needed it. I'm almost finished with my job (half a house of solid 3/4" oak strip, including significant "lacing in") without so much as a single mis-fired cleat or split tongue (I'm using Senco-brand flooring cleats).



I have to admit that I was a little nervous about purchasing an brand unknown to me, especially after reading about some of the annoying problems folk have encountered with name-brand nailers. I'm very satisfied with the quality and performance of this tool. I, obviously, cannot comment on lifetime longevity and ability to withstand abuse; but that was not my reason for buying this tool.



This nailer is a bit heavier than some nailers, and you cannot get quite as close to the wall as with some. It is easy to use both kneeling and standing, and there is good clearance for striking the nailer "wrong handed" when near a wall or door jamb. Kit comes complete with everything you need, including mallet and base plates for different floor thickness. It also includes a complete overhaul kit of o-rings, etc. - Cleat Nailer - Hardcore Tools - Nail Gun - Hardwood'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information