Saturday 3 September 2011

Headphone Accessories - audio splitter, y cable


So to recap:

Dirt cheap

Flexible

extremely easy to use

Diminishes volume? Not too badly.

DOES preserve stereo separation! I'm mixing a song right now through these splitters and while panning back and forth, my headphones respond as if the splitter weren't in at all. It doesn't turn stereo to mono despite what that one guy said. And yes, I've got two pairs of headphones plugged in.



I discovered that if both sets of headphones plugged into the splitter aren't firmly plugged in, it will do the stereo to mono thing, but if you click them in properly, you're fine. Belkin F8V234-WHT Speaker and Headphone Splitter

does the job and no complaints. These type of splitters are ideal because you don't have to worry about it breaking from bending. I purchased a splitter before that wasn't wired, just a solid unit, and it broke from bending too much.

As other reviewers have noted (and I've taken this into account for purchasing), the volume drops across both outputs since the signal is split -- not a big concern for me, but on some setups this may result in an unhappy amount of line noise when you have to crank source volumes to compensate.



I use this because I have a stereo deck (with high-quality Sony MDR-V900s attached) and a Plantronics headset I use for recording video tutorials and such on my computer. I didn't want to actively have to toggle back-and-forth, since that'd impede my workflow: my use case is swapping between headsets quickly, and this Belkin splitter is a tidy little solution!

This is a fantastic piece of audio equipment. Not only is it great for sharing audio with two headphones, but it's also great giving sound to both my computer speakers and the TV I have connected to my computer. I get a full, rich sound on both sets of speakers and in headphones.



Definitely a must buy for people looking to share sound between 2 speakers or headsets.

I got these as my secondary splitters, but since my other ones haven't come in yet, I decided to use these. While sitting on the bus with my friend, we were both able to listen to my ipod comfortably, and were able to sing together. These work great, and turning up the volume is only needed if one person like the volume higher than the other person sets it.

I got this to split off the headphones/ear buds for a portable DVD player on flights. It works great and is easy to pack. Just make sure the headphones/ear buds are of the same sensitivity (i.e. 90dB). If not, one set will be louder than the other. For example, I have a cheap pair that came with my Sansa and my wife just prefers the ones that came with her iPod (which are terrible by the way) and she can barely hear anything while I'm laughing away at the movie. So, the Sansa ones are a lot louder than the iPod ones. Therefore, they have different sensitivity ratings and really are not compatible when used this way. If you buy this splitter I would suggest testing both sets of headphones/ear buds first.

This is just a quick review to say the stereo system is absolutely working and the sound quality is almost the same I had with my not-so-pricey ear-buds. I was almost thinking of not buying this because of that false 1-star review which apparently was most helpful. I don't know what kind of problem he/she had but I just tested it with Sony test video and it works.

My problem was that I could not record streaming audio on my PC because Dell does not present the stereo mix as one of the recording device options. There are lots of free apps available for downloading streaming audio(to record internet radio for example - only where legal of course), but with many Dell PCs these apps dont work. So... I bought this belkin splitter for less than $4. I plugged the main splitter lead into the sound card out and the speaker cable into one of the splitters, and I plugged an audio cable from the other end of the splitter to the mic jack on the front of my pc. Bingo - now I can listen and record at the same time. Then I move the mp3 files to my kindle. There are many problems with playing said files on the kindle but still, it works. - Audio Cables - Y Cable - Audio Splitter - Belkin'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information