Sunday 4 September 2011

Home Theater Component Shelf - component shelf, wall mount


This shelf is quite attractive and easy to install. The depth of it is greater than I was imaging, so if you're using it for a smallish item (like a DVD or cable box), it will stick out form the wall farther than you need. OmniMount ECSB Component Shelf for CRT TVs & Video Accessories

This is a great wall mount shelf. There aren't a lot of 30 lb shelf mount speakers out there. I have Klipsch RS-62s that weigh in at 26 lbs each, and the shelves accomodate them. The down side is that one of the shelves was sent with screws that had no thread! Also you HAVE TO install thise into a stud, period! When you initially drill, make sure you find wood shavings as the drill bit comes out. When you install drill the other holes, MAKE SURE you measure from the ground to the top of the wall plate to assure the speakers will be at the same height. Also, make sure that before you do your drilling deep, LEVEL the plate using a LEVEL you can buy at any hardware store, so your speakers don't tilt in one direction or the other. Make sure the top side is on TOP and put the plastic cover on BEFORE you attach the glass, and that the glass is faced so the rounded edge is in the front! Good Luck!

This OMNIPOINT Glass component shelf was simple to install and strong enough for my VCR & Satellite Receiver. The shelf glass shelf is fixed to the support arm and the support arm can swivel left & right about 20 Degrees. The only downside is that the glass shelf and projection from my wall is a little large for my location. I wish OMNIMOUNT has several sizes of this model available. If so, then I missed seeing it. Not a problem. Have a strong drill to pre-drill the screw holes into the wall. All said, I am fully pleased with this item.

The shelf does what it's supposed to do, but if you're installing where there's no stud, be prepared for a headache. It's possible, but you'll need a couple trips to the hardware store for the right kind of anchors/mollies. I wouldn't do jumping jacks on it, but it holds the TiVo nicely.



Would be nice if it also had a locking feature to stop the swivel. It tightens well, but not fully, so it swings if you bump it.

I looked all over the internet for a mechanism or shelf in which to mount my rear surround Paradigm Studio 20 V5 speakers, of which each weighs 24 lbs. This product is exactly what I was looking for. The build quality is luxurious; and when it is mounted correctly into a wood stud, it is extremely secure. I have only two suggestions being;



1) Don't bother using the supplied screws if you are going to mount the unit

into a wood stud as the screw head will strip and it will take you forever

to screw it down. I recommend purchasing four 3" bolts designed for wood

application and use a ratchet to tighten. I would not mount this unit

simply into drywall and expect it to support 30lbs, but after mounting it

into a 2 x 4, I would bet that it could easily support 50 lbs.

2) Others complained that the shelve swivelled freely after installation from

side to side. I purchased two shelve units and simply applied extra

torque on the nut and bolt which mounts the swing arm to the base plate,

and now there is adequate tension so that there is resistance when I move

the shelf from side to side; resolving any issues with the shelf moving

freely on it's own.

I would not hesitate to recommend this shelf unit as I will guarentee you will be extremely satisfied with your purchase.



Cobra

This is a quality unit, BUT the picture gives you the impression that the shelf does not extend out very far. The arm of the shelf extends so that the glass shelf begins 5" from the wall and extends out to 21" from the wall. This is the only complaint I have as the unit is otherwise well designed, sturdy, and the glass shelf(tempered) is first class. My suggestion, design a sliding extendable/retractable arm. The shelf is used to hold a direct TV receiver below a small wall hung 21" LCD in sewing room.

I bought two of these shelves, one for my TiVo and the other for a DVD player. I was able to install them one above the other and they look great. The glass for the shelf is very thick and it would probably support a TV! The only thing I found odd was that that if was impossible to tighten the bracket so it would not move back and forth. It really isn't a problem unless the shelf was in a high traffic area....which would not be a good idea anyway. Nice looking, well made and gets the job done easy.

This product was the first that I bought from OmniMount. The instructions were fairly easily to follow and the installation process was pretty straight forward. The steel and glass portions of the shelf were very well made and provide a very sturdy platform for our DVD player and cable TV box. The plastic facade pieces are poorly designed and fall off or come loose it lightly bumped. Luckily, these plastic parts are only for show and are not integral to the performance of the product.



This was great for mounting our DVD player and Cable TV boxes out of the reach of our 20 month old twins who love to push buttons.



Great product. Too bad that the cable management kit that you can buy in addition to this shelf are such poor quality. See my review of that item for more information.

I purchased this shelf for my DVD player and mounted it up high, near the ceiling. The shelf is very stylish and looks great. The glass is nice, thick and sturdy. The swivel allows for great angle movements left and right. Great shelf. - Wall Mount - Audio-video Shelving - Home Theater Component Shelf - Component Shelf'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information