Sunday 4 September 2011

Inflation Devices - inflatables, inflation devices


Purchased to use with our inflatable Kayak. Easy to work. Both inflates and deflates. We use it in tandem with one the connects your car battery. The gauge guides you in topping off your inflating. It also works on smaller air chambers like a dream. Advanced Elements Double Action Pump with Pressure Guage

This pump works like it says and the price is good.

The pressure gauge helps see when my inflatable kayak reaches the required 1 psi, which is surprisingly quite high.

The guage reads up to 16 or so, 1 psi appears just above 0, but it is readable and seems reliable.

It's slower than an electric pump, so I use an air mattress pump to do most of the inflating, then use the hand pump to top it off at the required pressure.

So while it's not that easy to use, it always works without the need for batteries, and I would definitely buy one like this again.

It looks sturdy enough to last a long time. Supposedly you can unscrew the base to take apart to oil it, but found could not easily do that by hand, (may need some kind of vice for that, if necessary.)

This pump works AWESOME! Pumps up my advanced elements kayak in no time at all because of the double action. And it is very very smooth. Not hard to pump at all in my opinion.



However, the pressure gauge does not seem to read correctly for me. If I pumped the kayak up according to the instructions and basing it off the gauge I'm sure the kayak will explode.



One other thing I should note is that this pump is HUGE! It may not look that big in the picture but its pretty dang big. It mentions in my manual that depending on the temperature that I maybe have to 're-inflate' my kayak. I can't picture bringing this pump on my kayak with me because of its sheer size and I really couldn't imagine actually maneuvering the pump to fill the kayak up whilst sitting in it.



I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the gauge and because of the VERY annoying attachments attached to the end of the hose which flap in your way. Especially when the nozzle attachment comes look and you have to re-attach it.



Overall it is a very good pump though and I would recommend it.

We are glad we paid slightly more for a pump that has a gauge and that deflates. This one

works very nicely for our inflatable kayak, especially as we can see exactly what pressure

we are applying. The pump is also light to carry and comes with nozzles to fit all.

This product is great, BUT, the adaptors fall off frequently while pumping and of course you have to start over. Easy fix, put a piece of masking tape on the adaptor. The extra thickness keeps the pump adaptor from separating from the pump hose. If AE would fix this problem, the pump would deserve 5 stars. This pump fills up the AE Convertible with about 5 minutes of pumping time.

I purchased an Advanced Elements Advanced Frame kayak from a local dealer with the AE electric car pump. I must say that the double-action hand pump is wayyy better than the car pump. It pumps my kayak up faster and easier than the electric pump, no car required! The gauge is also nice so I can be sure to inflate to full capacity without over inflating.



If you're debating on which pump to get, I would encourage you to get this one. I am a young female and I take my kayak out on my own often. The kayak and this pump are very easy to manage! :)



The shipping on the item was great as well. It arrived when promised, thanks Amazon!

Purchased this pump after reading inflation instructions for my Advanced Design kayak. The manufacture warns against over inflating, "not to exceed 2.5 PSI" and the pump I owned did not have a pressure gauge. Now that I have used this pump, I am not sold on the accuracy of the gauge. The construction and filling performance is no better that the one I bought at a local "box store" retailer.

This pump does inflate the kayak, and is easier than the foot pump, but the guage doesn't work very well, if at all. We couldn't tell because the needle jiggled but didn't give us a reading. We still had to just 'guess' about the pressure. This product is not worth it for the extra money. It comes with 4 tips, which is nice. The overall height is low to the ground, so you might want to consider something else if you have problems with your back.

This pump makes quick work of pumping up a Straitedge 2 kayak, or at least the job is done before I get too tired, maybe ten minutes of actual pumping time start to finish. The pressure gauge is a must-have, don't be cheap and save a few bucks on the version without. The nozzle does tend to be a bit slippery and fall out, you really need to jam it in, then I worry about breaking it or the boat valve, but so far, so good. - Air Mattress - Pumps - Inflation Devices - Inflatables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information