Sunday 4 September 2011

Pilot Better Retractable - retractable, fine writing instruments


These pens are certainly a cut-above the rest and provide a very smooth, consistent and even flow of ink. Perhaps I am becoming finiky in my old age, but most pens are junk. These pens are the exception. Cross pens look fancy, but these pens write better - in our opinion. Pilot Better Retractable Ballpoint Pen, Fine Point, Blue Tinted Barrel, Blue Ink (30001), 12-Count

This is by far the best pen I have ever used. I like the ultra fine line it creates with no break in the line. I have search all over for this pen and will go to great lengths to find it because it is the best ever.

I love this pen, and fail to understand why stores have stopped selling it. The fine point puts down a crisp, clear line. The ink flows smoothly across the paper. No skipping or dragging. I do a great deal of writing and each pen lasts a very long time in comparison to other pens. It is a true pleasure to pen to paper. I'm spoiled and absolutely detest when I have to use a different pen, so I make a point of carrying two with me at all times. I would be lost without it.

I have used these pens for nearly 10 years, and I love them. Unfortunately, I can't find them in stores any more, but was glad to find them on Amazon. I hope this doesn't indicate that they're being discontinued. They are incredibly smooth-writing, not scratchy like fine-tipped pens often are. Comfortable to hold, too.

I was so happy to find these on Amazon! They are VERY hard to find. They write consistently great. I ordered a box 2 weeks ago, and am back for more (They keep disappearing at work even though I guard them with my life! The fine point is unique, and writes clearly. This pen is my signature pen! A MUST HAVE!

I bought the Pilot Better Retractable Pen because I found the non-retractable Pilot Better Pen caps to be defective. The cap doesn't fit the tip of the pen correctly (it's too loose so it falls off, eventually resulting in a loss of the cap) and it doesn't fit the other end correctly either (it gets stuck and the entire ink part is removed with the top portion of the pen). Having said this, I felt the need to get the retractable ones so that I won't have to draw all over my bag or other places.



I bought a dozen for $16.49 including shipping, which I thought was a really good deal. The pen itself writes perfectly, comparable to the Pilot better Pen but the plastic seems to be lighter and thus it doesn't have the same substantial weight feeling which is why I give it 4 stars and instead of 5. Overall, it works perfect and the retractable part is great, I just don't get why the retractable pen (which has metal parts) is lighter than the non retractable pen. Anyway, I would give it a 4.5 stars if I could. I love these pens and I noticed that the retractables are MADE IN JAPAN, which is hard to find these days. Yay! - Fine Writing Instruments - Retractable - Great Pen - Pen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information