Tuesday 6 September 2011

Iphone 3g Car Charger - iphone fm transmitter, fm transmitter


This is my first FM Transmitter purchase and I don't really know alot about all the different kinds and different brands, but I know from reading other reviews that some sound better than others. I don't know if that is the case or not, but I got 4 compliments in one day on the sound quality from friends that have used FM Transmitters before and they all said it sounded really good and asked where I got it so apparently this is one of the better ones. Also, i guess some charge your Ipod and some don't? This one does which is really convienient! It is sooooooooo easy to use too, had mine going in like 20 seconds!! I am happy with the purchase 99%, only thing I don't like is that the cord is a bit short. Other than that, it's perfect!! Also, just thought I would throw this in there for anyone who wants to buy the Otter Box Defender Case for thier Ipod Touch...some reviews state that thier FM Transmitter would not fit with the case on, but this one fits with no problem and it snaps in place very securly so it won't wiggle out on you when you move it around. Enjoy...hope my review is helpful. Grantwood Technology's FM Transmitter and Car Charger for iPhone 4, Including Verizon iPhone 4, and iPhone 3G/3GS, iPod nano, iPod Classic, and iPod touch, and iPad including iPad 2, includes Grantwood Technology's Sticky Pad

Recently purchased this Iphone FM transmitter and haven't stopped using it since. Great sound, small size, nice price and it took me less than 2 minutes to set up! I also like that it also serves as a charger (unlike the transmitter I previously owned) AND it works with my ipods. Have had good experience with this company's other products so I sought this out once it became available. And getting a bonus sticky pad certainly doesn't suck!

I recently purchased the Grantwood Technology FM transmitter and charger for iPod/iPhone and I was excited to get it, as it seemed to be a really good deal.



Unfortunately I found it lacking. I tried this product in my car (98 BMW) and in a friends (03 Subaru) with factory stereo systems and I just couldn't get the transmitter to work for music reproduction with my 3rd Gen 32gig iPod Touch with 4.0.2 firmware. For Podcast and Audiobooks it works just fine, no issues to speak of. But if you want to listen to music you might want to look elsewhere. There was just too much distortion in the midrange and high end, even a little in the bass. I listen to a good deal of hard edged music (NIN, Korn) but even average Rock stuff like Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin had an unacceptable amount of distortion. Any guitar or higher frequency sounds would crackle and hiss. I tried everything I could think of to reduce the distortion, from turning off all Bass and Treble on my stereo, to turning the iPod all the way up, to the middle, or most of the way down. I never run any EQ on my iPod as it kills the battery so that was ruled out right away.



I had a similar style transmitter for my Sansa MP3 player and never had distortion problems. That could be due to the Sansa's audio output being inferior to the iPod, as it clearly is, but I can't be sure. I have ordered another FM transmitter from a different maker that looks exactly like the one for my Sansa as I try to determine where the problem lays.



I didn't rate the product lower because I had a great experience with Grantwood Technologies. They called me at home on a Sunday afternoon to expedite my order because there was a problem with my shipping address - we got that figured out and the order arrived just 3 days later. When I contacted Grantwood Technologies to request return authorization they responded within 10 minutes and emailed me a .pdf to print a pre-paid return label. That is some killer Customer Service IMO.



The transmitter itself is pretty nifty. Its somewhat larger than I would've liked, but the buttons have a solid feel. The power adapter doesn't feel cheap either, although it had a tendency to pop out of my BMW's lighter. I have read that European cars seem to have that problem in general. The cord was just the right length and the plug had a locking mechanism that was really solidly put together. The charging seemed to work really well from my limited experience. As you can see I really liked this transmitter, but there is no way I could listen to music with that much distortion.

I recently purchased this because they were running a sale with their other ipod/iphone products. I wasn't expecting much for $20, but I can happily say this is a nice unit that is simple and easy to use and works great!

The FM is adjustable by .1 increments (most cars can't utilize this, but it is a nice feature) and you can save two automatic "presets" on the transmitter. It has a nice coiled cord for your iphone and will easily reach your dash, or center console. The sounds quality is good for FM, I have not had any strange interference or other disruptions. The LCD read-out is back lit, so you can see it at night if needed. Charging also works just fine, obviously not as fast as the power bricks, but it does the job.

All in all I would recommend the Grantwood FM transmitter, especially at the price! - Iphone Car Charger - Fm Transmitter - Iphone Fm Transmitter - Ipod Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information