Tuesday 6 September 2011

Micro Sdhc - 8gb, microsdhc


I specifically ordered this memory card for my Blackberry Curve 8330 with two goals in mind.



1: Store videos and music on my phone

2: Expanded memory for applications and documents



On both counts I have not been let down! This card is wicked fast when it comes to file transfers via the Blackberry software. I had expected, indeed planned, for a bit of a "hit" when using the RIM software to expedite file transfers (play lists, music, and videos) but if there is one I am not seeing it.



The included adapter is a handy add on bonus as I do have quite a few microSD cards lying around and can now use those for other devices that accept SD cards.



Oh, and it IS a Class 6 card. Transcend 8 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card TS8GUSDHC6

I purchased this 8GB - Class 6, upgrading from an 8GB - Class 4, because I needed the faster read/write speeds on my cell phone.



After installing it, I immediately noticed a faster response in the data transfer speeds. My ringtones, music, and pictures loaded faster, even when receiving a call.



I recommend upgrading to the Class 6 to anyone wanting/needing fast transfer rates.



The data transfer rates of SD Cards are:



(Read Speed of a Standard CD-ROM = 150 kb/s)

Class 2 - (Equivalent to ~13x the read speed of a Standard CD-ROM) - 2 MB/s

Class 4 - (Equivalent to ~26x the read speed of a Standard CD-ROM) - 4 MB/s

Class 6 - (Equivalent to ~40x the read speed of a Standard CD-ROM) - 6 MB/s



So, as you can see, the Class 6 is approximately 50% faster than a Class 4.

My overall view of the Transcend MicroSD card is that the product itself is good; however, the adapter that comes with it is not HC compatible. I have contacted Transcend directly about this shortfall and they are replacing the adapters as we speak. I do not blame the vendor that sold the card as the package was sealed and it was not a pirated version of the product. There are many different products available through the Amazon website that are also not HC compatible but sold with high capacity markings. If I were to purchase more cards from Amazon.com I would ensure the vendor tested the functionality with HC cards before I ordered them or allowed them to be shipped to me. I suggest dealing direct wth the manufacturer for these VERY FAST MicroSD Cards as they are now available directly on their website.

I own 6 micro SDHC cards which I use to store a variety of images and files for access on a number of devices. I have 4 Transcend Micro SDHC 16gb cards which are clearly the fastest (data transfer, class 6) and most reliable cards that I have used.

I purchased this 8GB microSDHC Transcend card to replace my 4GB Sandisk microSDHC card. This card works exactly as expected. It's hard for me to comment on the speed of it, class 6. It definitely is class 6 so there shouldn't be any hesitation in purchasing due to a lack of confidence. I don't often transfer data on and off the card so I really didn't notice any speed benefits. Again, the speed benefits may exist but I haven't noticed it. I always thought that Sandisk was the best most reliable brand, but that may not be true. I've had issues with Sandisk cards but this Transcend has worked perfectly.

I had been looking for a cheap way to expand the memory on my G1 phone and I wanted the fastest micro SD card around and here it is - a Transcend 8g class 6 card. The 8gigs is plenty of room to hold my stuff and the price is at the inflection point on cost per gig for me (ie the 16g is too expensive for the speed and the 4gig isn't enough space).



I've been using this as my portable music player now for several weeks and all I can say is there hasn't been a hiccup. In fact, I think the card has also improved the speed of the camera (which is to say the camera is still horribly slow - but maybe just a tad less so on the writes). Additionally, I use the phone, mounted as a USB drive, to move files to and from work. In this, I've noticed that the transfers are much more snappy - always a good thing.



For 20$, this is a great way to expand the storage space on your G1, or on any phone, that sports a micro SD card - Microsdhc - Micro Sd Card - 8gb - 8 Gb Micro Sdhc Memory Card'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information