Sunday 18 September 2011

Iphone 4 - screen protector


I agree completely w/ what the reviewer before me said --- The bubbles on this thing do not go away no matter what you do. I ended up trying all three in the pack and on the third and final try it took me forever to get it as clean as I could. Even then, there were still 3 little bubble areas, albeit on the corners. That withstanding, it distorts the iPhone's beautiful screen quality. Don't waste your money on this junk. Halo Screen Protector Film Clear Matte (Anti-Glare) for iPhone 4G 4 (3-Pack) - Premium Japanese Screen Protectors

I won't base my rating on the application of the protector; no matter which you buy it's always a delicate operation on trying to get any protector on with no bubbles. My problem is the haze or "anti-glare" quality of the protector; it dulls the quality of the iPhone screen and as a result makes everything look dull, blurry and hazy. I immediately purchased what I had before, the Belkin product. If you care about how everything looks on the screen, I would stay away from this product.

I tried smoothing out the air bubbles with a micro fiber cloth and credit card. No way in hell they're coming out. Cutouts don't line up perfectly. stick with zagg's invisible shield or moshimonde's screen protector instead.

I found these fairly easy to apply bubble-free, the best way being to bow the film slightly by holding it between my thumb and fingers, touching one edge to the phone and letting it fall in place naturally. Of course it will distort the image slightly; that's the price you pay for no glare screens.



Like all screen protectors, these are not very compatible with hard cases that slide on the phone, although you can trim them to fit.

I managed to successfully apply the shield after two attempts. There were some bubbles that appeared but I managed to smooth them out with a stiff card. The material the shield is made of is a nice matte than cleans easily. However, it does tend to pick up smudges quite frequently. I find myself cleaning it almost everyday just so I can read with the smudges in my screen. The anti-glare works very well and the shield does not dim the screen much. Overall, I am very satisfied with the product and the price.

I've bought every brand (Onions, Power Support, Case, Phone Devil), I am super picky and I appreciate the nuances and quality of each: but, these are what you want! Just the right price. There's three and each is detail packages with it's own cleaner. All anti-glare protectors haze a little, but these actually enhance the color and feel. If you want to throw money elsewhere; I wouldn't doing recommend it.

I am extremely particular when it comes to things I buy and protecting them so they last. When I first bought my iPhone 4 I covered the back and front with another manufacturers screen protector and while it was good, I was never 100% satisfied with the smudges that constantly stayed on the screen, an especially problematic issue since I have oily fingers. This screen protector is amazing, more oleophobic than the iPhone glass and I like the matte finish. Installation was simple. No bubbles, no issues. I also wore gloves when installing the screen protector and used "the shower method". I now have two extra screen protectors. Can't beat this for about $2.33 per screen. - Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information