Sunday 18 September 2011

Exercise Mat - aurorae, yoga


I am 5' 5" and usually barely fit on normal yoga mats that the gym provides with a little extra space on the ends. I love that this yoga mat is extra long.....in fact it is 4" longer than most traditional mats, and is a total of 72" long. It is also 1/4" thick so it provides just enough cushion and support to protect your knees, back, hips, and joints by absorbing the impact of the floor. My experience using this mat was very enjoyable and relaxing and made prenatal yoga much more comfortable on my hips and back.



I also found my mat to have just the right level of stickiness. I didn't find myself slipping as I got sweaty which was very nice. Because of the soft support, Aurorae Yoga Mats are great for other floor exercises such as sit ups, push-ups, core, and more.



Another amazing feature of this mat is it is actually machine washable! In fact, it's recommended to "break in" your mat and make it less slippery! Just make sure you hang dry it.....never put it in the dryer.



All in all I LOVE my yoga mat and would deffinately suggest Auoroae to anyone that is looking for anything for yoga Aurorae Northern Lights Yoga Mat with Golden Sun Focal Icon -SGS approved Free from Phthalates and Latex. Sunset (Golden)

I read lots of reviews and looked at quite a few mats before deciding on this one. I've had 2 Gaiam mats that were OK, but not great. I didn't want to spend a fortune but I wanted a quality mat for home and studio classes. I'm really pleased with this mat and it's much nicer than my Gaiam mats. It feels more substantial. I used it right out of the box and no smell and it was plenty sticky. Not too thin but not so thick that's it's heavy to haul to class either. It's quite light.

After using it for classes that are very warm, I have not had any issues with slipping due to sweat.

Love the earthy colors and would recommend this to anyone needing a nice mat.

This is actually my second yoga mat purchase from Aurorae. I purchased their Seamist mat last fall and was incredibly happy with it that I decided to pick up another color.. It just so happens that they had recently released a new line of higher end yoga mats in a color that i just had to have! The blend of colors is even more vivid in person and very hypnotic, relaxing your mind during poses.



Aurorae has clearly done their homework.. they continue to know exactly what yoga practitioners want. I highly recommend them!

The mat is a beautiful orange sunset color with a Golden Sun Focal Icon. The mat is 5 mm thick which is the perfect thickness to absorb the impact on joints while still providing stability. The mat is also extra long which is great when you have little ones that want to exercise with you.



The mat has also has great traction! Some of the yoga poses really test a persons balance and a non slip mat is a must have. I love that if a traction problem ever develops, the mat comes with a non slip rosin bag that sucks the moisture out if the mat. On top of everything else, the mat is odorless and completely biodegradable!

I loved the Northern Lights yoga mat I was sent to review. It was the best mat I've tried:) It is thick and cushy, but still light weight and easily transportable. It was made from quality materials and I know it will last a long time. It is super easy to take care of and I didn't have any trouble at all with the mat slipping or me slipping(the rosin bag is super helpful)...we both stayed put through every workout:) The mat itself was beautiful with calming, relaxing colors and a gorgeous pattern reminiscent of a sunset. I also really appreciated the length. We often have "family" yoga sessions and this mat was big enough to share on many poses:) If you are looking for a quality comfortable mat, you should definitely keep the Northern Lights mat in mind. Aurorae Yoga has a ton of other really great yoga products, so if you are in the market, check them out! ABCD Diaries gives Aurorae Yoga an A+!

I LOVE my mat! It's seriously the prettiest mat ever! It's the perfect thickness and it doesn't slip at all! The company really does have great customer service! I wouldn't recommend washing it unless you can place in the sun for a few days~b/c you will never get the suds out otherwise. Mine dried out and was fine after that. There rosin bag works great too! So happy!

The color of this mat is an awakening color and makes me think of the sun rising so it's refreshing and gives you a little extra burst of energy. I have hard wood floors that everything slides on it seems but I had not one slip or move of the mat any time that I've used it. Easy to clean and can be wiped down with a damp cloth or rag then wipe with a towel to dry.

After researching several yoga mats and narrowing it down to two mats I decided to give this mat a try over the Manduka mat at twice the price. The Manduka mat is thick with a dense material making it cumbersome for those who like to practice yoga in different areas of the house or travel to studios.



The Aurorea mat is as nearly as thick as the Manduka and less then half the weight (and price!). It has a pleasant aesthetic look about it making yoga practice even that more enjoyable. After I received the mat I had several questions for the company regarding traction issues I was having (my hands perspire during practice) and the owner contacted me immediately, assisting me with my slipping. I plan on ordering another mat for my wife in the very near future.

Love this mat-nice and thick so I feel supported in all the poses. Beautiful to look at too! Nice to find an ecologically responsible mat for a reasonable price. Highly recommend-cannot wait to use this mat for years to come!! - Yoga - Aurorae - Yoga Accessories - Yoga Mat'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information