Saturday 10 September 2011

Keyboard Cover - macbook pro, keyboard protector


I ordered this item over a week ago, and immediately put it over my keyboard.

The silicon cover fits over the keys exactly, and the keyboard lights are viewable through the clear cover. The part that covers the faces of the keys is slightly textured, like rubber, and are opaque black.

The cover does not cover any more than just the depressed keypad area, and stays on due to conforming around the keys. If I flip my MacBook upside down, the edge will come off slightly, but stays in place.

The cover is fairly thin, and does not interfere with closing the laptop, nor does it leave any marks on the screen.

I'm not sure how much usage/wear this product can take, but it does the job I bought it for: keeping particulate matter out from between the keys and away from the inside of my laptop. IVEA Keyboard Silicone Cover Skin for New Aluminum Unibody Macbook Pro 13" 15" 17" - BLACK

Nice cover for my 13" MacBook pro. Fits perfectly and doesn't even look like I'm using a cover (I have the black color). Blocks dust and dirt from entering through the keypad. About once a month, I remove the cover and rinse it off with warm water, then allow it to air dry.



Only negatives are that your fingers do tend to stick to the keys making fast typing difficult and the cover blocks the backlighting so I can't really see the keys at night. Otherwise a great purchase.

This is the best keyboard cover our family has ever purchased. My husband and I both received our own MacBook Pro for Christmas. We bought covers for the aluminum body and I purchased two of these keyboard covers to protect them. When I received them I immediately put them on each keyboard. My husband couldn't believe how "invisible" the cover looked on his keyboard. It is amazing how perfectly they fit and how it looks as if your keyboard has no cover. Typing is easy and it's nice to just take off the cover and rinse them off once in a while, and they leave your keyboard pristine. Highly recommend this product.

This keyboard protector does what it should - keeps gunk out of your computer's internals. The top row labels don't match up right with the MacBook Air - the Air doesn't have an Eject button in the top right (it's the power button) so things are shifted a little funny. Pretty minor problem.



The big caution is that this product (and most any keyboard protectors) WILL damage your screen if you don't protect it. If you want to use this, buy a screen protector or keep a piece of cloth around so that when you close the lid, the screen is not in contact with the flimsy plastic of this keyboard cover. The cover will leave visible residue marks on your screen.



I used this without a screen protector for about 3 weeks before realizing that's what was happening. I carefully cleaned the screen & got most of the residue off. I now use a screen protector.

Received my package today, and am very pleased with my purchase! The keyboard cover slips on very nicely onto my 13" MacBook, and it doesn't slide or move around. It does attract dust, as most silicone products do, but it's not a problem -- very easy to clean to begin with. The keys also have a nice spring to them when I type now, which is also a plus :D

Right now I have a keyboard skin on my macbook pro 15. I got it from the apple store about a year ago and it cost about $25. I found this for only $3 and thought it was a great deal. Well when i got it, the very first thing i noticed was they key shape. On this skin the shape is a square with sharp corners. On my skin that i have, the corners are more rounded and softer of an edge. The skin they sent me fits, but it just seems different. The outside edge does not cover as much as the one i got before this, but for only $3, I cant really complain. I wanted to return it, but they were going to make me pay for the cost. So they gave me 50% of my money back and i kept it.



I would not recommend this to anyone. Unless you dont mind having a cover that has different shape keys and does not fit all the way. Also, on the f5 and f6 keys, there is nothing. For a macbook pro, their should be the little icons to do they keyboard brightness.

The product is ok for MacBooks and MacBook Airs, NOT FOR MACBOOK PROS. The product doesn't allow for the backlit keys to shine through. It's also cheap looking & pretty thick. Paying $30 for a keyboard cover is ridiculous, but spending $2+$4(shipping) on something that doesn't even work or look properly is even dumber. I bought a "Moshi" keyboard cover right when I received this one.

Came fast. Some the keys on the cover don't match up perfect or are missing. I use for my 13inch Mac Book Pro. And it ripples or bulges at the front of the cover near the space keys and arrow keys. If the could fix all of that it would be a perfect product. I can even still see light from my keyboard, it's not as bright or intense. Easy to clean, rinse with just plain cool water, no paper towel, rag, or towel necessary just air dry. - Dust Covers - Keyboard Protector - Macbook Pro - Macbook Pro 13 Inch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information