Thursday 22 September 2011

Keyboard Protectors - keyboard protectors, silicone skin


I have tried a couple of laptop keyboard protectors and this is the best one. It stays in place, keeps out dust, pet hair, etc. Yes, it does take some getting used to, but I can type just fine and keeps my keyboard CLEAN!



It adheres very well and does not slip. The one I had previously did get dirty from finger oils and when I washed it in soap and water it lost its ability to adhere to the keyboard.



It isn't too thick and feels okay once you get used to it.



Since this one is so inexpensive, as soon as it is smudgy and dirty looking, I will simply purchase another one.



My previous one lasted about one year before I decided it was time to replace it. Universal Silicone Keyboard Protector Skin for Laptop Notebook

In defense of the product, I only paid 0.99 for it, so what can I expect? First of all, it is important to note that this keyboard protector is NOT universal. I have less than a fifteen (it's just a small notebook--about 12 inches) inch laptop screen, and it was a very snug fit. The length of the product reached from the escape key to the beginning of the backspace key, and the material does not allow you to stretch it beyond a certain point. Also, if you want a protector that you are able to type through (as some keyboard covers allow you to do) this is not it. The material is very thick, and it is near impossible to will your fingers to type anything coherent while this cover is in place. Additionally, if you want to remove the cover, it is not a good idea to set it down on top of...oh...ANY KIND OF SURFACE KNOWN TO MAN! This cover somehow succeeds in attracting every piece of lint, every speck of dirt, and every strand of hair that is in your household--and when you get all of this debris on the cover's material, cleaning it off is pretty much impossible. And, if by the chance that you DO manage to get all of the gunk off the cover, getting it to bond back to your keyboard is absolutely out of the question. After wiping my protector with a VERY slightly damp towel that was free of loose fibers, it somehow lost its ability to bond to the keys, and I ended up just chunking it in the garbage. Unless you plan to use this product to remove the stray hairs from your bathroom floor, I do not suggest buying it. I know that it is difficult to resist the less-than-a-dollar price, but just TRUST ME ON THIS ONE! If you truly desire a protector for your keyboard, you will end up replacing this one after it inevitably fails, so why don't you just save your change and go ahead and buy the more expensive alternative? Because after you purchase this product, it will only leave you a dollar poorer, extremely frustrated, and asking yourself "Has it REALLY been that long since I mopped and/or vacuumed my floors?!"



Just don't buy it.

First of all, it is NOT to thick, many people seem to say it's to thick, I personally think it's perfect, not to thick, but not so thin it'll rip. It's strong and durable. The only thing that would make it better is if it fit your keys perfect, but that would defeat the purpose of it being universal. This is probably the best you will get for a laptop keyboard, unless they make one specifically for your keyboard layout, for mine they don't.

It's basically just a latex slab that that sticks to your keyboard good, just don't take it off. I got it so nothing can get through the cracks of my keys and damage my mother board, and it seems to work great for that.

While it does it's job I don't think universal gives it a good description.I have an Acer 15.6" laptop and it doesn't completely cover the entire keyboard.I was smart and got 4 cause they were so cheap so I had to use 2 just to cover my keyboard.

So I bought this keyboard protector for my Sony Vaio because I couldn't find another keyboard protector on amazon for it. This keyboard protector is going to be exactly what you paid for. Mine has a strange wrinkle at the edge so for some reason, it doesn't completely seal down, but it does keep out a lot of mess. It gets dirty easily, so you'll have to clean it a lot. I didn't find it too thick at all! It was actually pretty easy to type. My only complaint is that while cleaning, it collects lint anyways, so your cover is already kind dirty after you put it back on.

The cover has a great price, but it leaves a residue behind after using it for a wile. It keeps out liquid well, but doesn't keep it clean since it leaves the residue. It stays in place and doesn't feel too bad, but it looks like crap after a short wile. This product isn't bad if you wanted it to protect your keyboard from spills, but it sucks for keeping it clean.

This keyboard protector is a good buy for a great price! It does what's intended to do, it's not too thick nor too thin, and you can feel the keys beneath your fingers, even with an added soft cushion. It fits fairly well my 14" Dell inspiron, altough it's a little longer than I expected, but it works fine. - Silicone Skin - Dust Covers - Latop Keyboard Protector - Keyboard Protectors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information