Monday 12 September 2011

Kindle Accessory - kindle 3 covers, kindle covers


As there are no reviews for this product yet, I figured I'd throw my two cents in.



I was pleased with this purchase. I went into it expecting mostly useless garbage, but most of the materials here are very usable, even if they are all not of the highest quality. The only things I really needed out of this purchase were the case, the silicon sleeve, and the car charger. All the other items I had planned on using as backups for use with my phone and computer. Here's what I liked and disliked about this purchase.





The case - This is actually not bad at all! It's made of a faux leather material and it has a magnetic clasp. The K3 fits into it using 4 corner straps. It's a little tight getting your kindle into it, but it feels secure once it's in there. It feels good in your hand and the cover folds back on itself comfortably when you're reading.



The silicon covers - These fit over it very securely and are cut perfectly for the K3. The page buttons are the only buttons that are actually covered, but it doesn't interfere with pushing them. The side and top part of the covers the edge around the screen had a small bulge where it doesn't lay perfectly flat against the top, but I believe that would "settle" with enough use. It wasn't a big deal. They have small cut out's where the hinges go if you're using the 'official' kindle case.



The car and home charger - They are both the type where you plug your USB cord into the charger and your device on the other. I tried using them to charge both my kindle and my cell phone (which uses a micro-usb like the kindle). No problems at all! They are very basic, but they feel like they're put together well and I plan on using them for extra phone chargers. I mean honestly, do you really need another car and house charger for your kindle?



The cables - Look cheap and may not see much use (except for the one being used with the chargers), but I've found myself in the past suddenly needing an extra aux cable or Y-splitter. Retractable usb cables are always handy too. I've tried them all out briefly and they seem to work.



The book light - Don't buy this for the book-light! This is totally the wrong type of light to try and use for a kindle unless you wanna scratch it. I've seen these in the "bargain bin" sections of convenience stores. Very cheaply made and I would be surprised if it lasted a week. It arrived working however.



Screen Protector - Buy this item elsewhere as well! Installed perfectly without bubbles and fit great, but unless you want your screen to be as shiny as a piece of glass then don't bother with this. On the plus side, it removed easily and didn't leave any residue on the screen.



The bag and fishbone - I mistakenly was thinking the bag was meant to carry your kindle. It's way too small for that. It's just a small felt bag, but seems well made. It'll hold my spare cords until I need them. The fishbone is neat. I've never used one but it looks like it will do it's job. Made of flexible rubber.



Headphones - Sealed in a cellophane bag and I'll probably leave them sealed there in case I need them someday. They look like basic cheap earbuds and will likely start shorting out within a week.



All in all I spent 25 bucks for a very usable case, silicon covers and several spare chargers/cords and odd-ball items. That's not a bad deal to me. I've paid more than that for cases alone for my K2. I would have given it 5 stars if they wouldn't have sent such a useless screen protector and book-light. I would have been upset if I had bought this kit really needing one of those items. Don't go into this expecting too much and you'll probably be happy. Thanks for reading! DigitalsOnDemand 14-Item Accessory Bundle for Amazon Kindle 3 3rd Gen Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, 3G Global Wireless, Latest Generation)

All good stuff at a good price, with two exceptions.

The stick-on screen protector is glossy, so it takes away the Kindle feature of non-glare reading. The clip-on light really is not practical. The clip can not be on the screen itself, so it needs to go behind the screen. If the flip-close Kindle cover/case is used, you have to force the clip behind the Kindle, on the hard back of the cover. The clip is too bulky for that, and lifts the Kindle away from the back of the holder, and the corner straps that hold it in place will let go. Clip also has a sharp burr all around the edge.

Charger, USB connector, protective soft covers, ear buds, all good stuff.



Kindle device is a super reading tool, really like it.

I love the leather case that's included, simple, well made, magnetic closure. The entire package is a great deal.



I haven't used the screen-cover yet, not sure if I will since it's not a touch screen.



The silicone covers fit great, keep my Kindle from sliding off my leg or whatever it's lying on.



Chargers, cables, ear-buds, splitter...all a great deal. The Kindle charger it came with charges a bit faster, but that is common with chargers like these.



The light is the one place I would suggest improvement. In order to keep this light small the battery power and the incandescent bulb aren't quite enough in the darkest of environments. I used the one that came with it once, then went to a light with LED bulbs (Mighty Bright UltraThin Book Light, Silver).



Considering that the lowest cost "leather" covers start around $30, this was a fantastic deal at that same price with all the extras you get. - Kindle 3 Case - Kindle Covers - Kindle 3 Covers - E-reader'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information