Tuesday 6 September 2011

Kindle Power Adapters - kindle power adapters, kindle international


The adapter does what it was designed to do, but I question why there was a need to include the USB cable with it, as one is already supplied with the Kindle. This item could have been supplied a bit cheaper. In addition this, bearing in mind I'm in Australia, I have since found that I could have purchased just the plug without the cable, locally, and a lot cheaper. Amazon Kindle AU (Type I, Australia) Power Adapter [Fits Kindle and Kindle DX]

why did i bother to buy this item? the kindle's battery life is amazing!! IF you turn off your wifi connection when your not using it. i have not even used this item and probably wont. so if you have access to a computer at least once a week then i would not buy this item.

It certainly does all that is needed. Not sure why: 1. it wasn't offered when I bought my Kindle - just a couple of months ago and 2. why it comes with the USB connector cord which is the same as the cord that came with my Kindle. But there you go! Certainly makes my Kindle more useful as I can now charge it up from a power point!

I bought the product because it showed as US$4.99 when I processed the purchase but I was finally charged US$19.99. Not worth the money as you can get a suitable adapter from JB HiFi or similar for AUS$9.95. The unit comes with a cable that you can use with a universal adapter.

Amazon is making a big mistake here with this non US power supply for their Kindle ~



> for people living outside of the United States they automatically receive the US power supply without being given any choice as to WHICH power supply they might like ~ US, European, UK or AU. That means these people have to purchase an ADDITIONAL power supply at the exorbitant cost of $20. Why? No seemingly good reason.



> If people want additional power supplies (for the new 3G Kindle that can update through the Whispernet in a number of other countries), they have to purchase a whole new additional power supply at the exorbitant cost of $20 rather than being given the opportunity to just buy the different plug. After all the original design of the power supply is made so this can be the case.



Amazon, usually does a great job of making their customers feel looked after which is one of their very good features, but here they get it wrong.

I recently bought this in conjunction with my new Kindle 3. When bought together the charger is only $5. I figured it would be easier than leaving my computer on overnight while the Kindle was charging, or finding a computer when staying at antiquated relatives' houses.



Yes, it does exactly what it should do. An additional benefit is that I can now charge any of my USB devices from the powerpoint. I would definitely recommend it when buying a Kindle.

This item does exactly what its meant to. It charges your kindle from a wall outlet. It has a small profile, is light and straightforward to use.



My only gripe would be that it should be included with the kindle and not a separate purchase. Unless you are going to carry a computer wherever you go, including on your travels, you are going to need one of these to charge your kindle.

The power adaptor (Type I for Australia) is a must have for travellers who don't have access to a computer to charge their Kindle. Long overdue for Australian users. Charges the Kindle very quickly. Very pleased with this product. - Kindle 2 Power Adapter - Kindle 2 Wall Charger - Kindle International - Kindle Power Adapters'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information