Thursday 1 September 2011

Kindle Protection - kindle accessory, marware


I thought I was more of a slip case person, preferring to hold my Kindle directly. That's what I initially bought: a SwissGear Legacy slip case. I started my search for a book light so I could read at night without disturbing my husband. Eventually I figured out that the only decent book lights attach best to an actual case instead of directly to the Kindle. Sure, there's products like the Kandle, but I really don't want to pay $3 a piece for two CR-2032 batteries for maybe 20 hours of juice. This left me looking for a new case for my Kindle.



I looked at the official Kindle 3 case, something about how the Kindle attaches just didn't seem secure to me, and while I hate to admit it, I need something that can take *some* abuse and still protect the Kindle, like going in my laptop bag for school. I also looked at some M-Edge cases, didn't like how they held it either. Maybe I'm just overprotective? Anyway, I finally stumbled across this one, and fell in love with everything about it.



First off, it holds the Kindle very securely. You slide it in and push a stiff flap of material behind the Kindle to hold it in place, it works great and its easily removable if the need arises. All ports and buttons are easily accessible, except the volume down might be slightly difficult. A tiny snip of scissors would solve that, it might just be a slight defect in mine. Someone else pointed out the odd color choices, they're right, there are 6 different shades of gray including the Kindle. Its all darkish except for the white stitching, I like it. I'll get some pictures up here fairly soon, although the factory ones are quite accurate. It does have a faint smell, I'm betting it will be gone in within a few days. Really, its nothing to refrain from purchasing it over, I can barely smell it and I bet a night outside and a little bit of Febreeze or something similar would eliminate it all together



First off, the whole thing is padded, which does make it thicker, I know I'm not complaining about the extra protection though. I'd say the front and back cover are nearly as thick as the Kindle itself. Closed the whole thing is about .75". Not bad at all. I'd be comfortable throwing this in my laptop case. It has an elastic band that holds it shut or open, the latter is a nice feature. It also holds my new Mighty Bright TravelFlex light well, although I wouldn't have it on there permanently.



The hand strap is great, I can hold the Kindle one handed with NO fear of dropping it. I've got fairly small hands and I can still reach the page turn buttons just fine. The little pocket is useless for anything that isn't thin, like their example of a credit card or money. I think I'm going to keep a small microfiber cloth in there. There's a mesh behind the speakers, for anyone that cares. It doesn't seem to hamper audio quality at all. I always use headphones anyway though.



I just recently received the case, so I can't speak much about its durability. It seems extremely sturdy however. Its single stitched everywhere, except where the page turn buttons are, where it's sort of double stitched. I'm very happy with it. Marware also makes a flip style version if you prefer that. Marware Eco-Flip Kindle Flip Case (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle), Black



I'm not sure what else to say about a Kindle cover. I think I've said a lot considering its only a cover. It's great, not terribly expensive, and I highly recommend it. Any questions feel free to comment. Marware Eco-Vue Kindle Leather Folio, Black (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle)

I would like to preface this by saying I researched LOTS of cases. I originally thought I would prefer reading my kindle naked so was looking for a sleeve type case. However, once I received my kindle I was surprised at how thin and delicate it felt in my hands and knew I'd be more comfortable with a case that stayed on to protect it all the the time. I originally gravitated towards this case because of its eco-friendly attributes and then was totally won over by the hand strap. I also liked how securely the case seemed to hold the kindle as opposed to hinges or corner tabs. I was not thrilled with black being the only choice, but went ahead with it because of all the other postive qualities. In the end I'm very happy with my decision. I've had the case for a few weeks and it feels more plush and cushiony than the hard leather amazon cases. I love how securely it holds my kindle and how well my kindle is protected even while in my purse, work bag, or backpack. The elastic strap holds it closed or open well and I love the feel of the soft interior. The hand strap is a nice convenience and can make holding it more comfortable depending on how I am sitting/laying. Overall I'd say the one downside is the lack of color choice but that is outweighed by all the great features (including the reasonable price) as well as bonus points for being kind to the environment. I would definitely recommend this case. - Kindle 3 Cover - Kindle 3 Covers - Kindle Accessory - Marware'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information