Tuesday 13 September 2011

Kindle Stand - kindle accessory, charger


-Simple to hook up, and use.

-Someone on a messageboard mentioned that this would be good for people who read recipes on their K while cooking as it has it's own stand.

-Clean, sleek, unobtrusive look. Not what I'd call stylish, but it's fine. Decal Girl should start offering skins for this so we can (omg, am I really thinking this?) match our kitchens, or bedrooms, or living rooms ...wherever we keep a dock.

-er, the blue light delights me. (yes, I said it)



There are only two things I can think of that I don't love about this product.

1-If the connection was for a Kindle (micro usb) and not a mini (I believe) usb connector -so my K could be recognized on my pc. I connected the usb and it wasn't recognized -but maybe that's just my experience.

2-I can't keep my cover on, and it's too much of a pain to take in and out that often (clips, velcro).



I bought it on sale, (4.00+2.97 s&h), and for that price it's worth every penny. At the current $13.+3. (rounding up), I'd say it's juuust a little too high, but then again, not so high that I don't think a LOT of people will like this price. Definitely not a $20 + product, more like a 9.99 +s/h product. imho, of course.



Nothing here takes away from the fact that it's a really nifty Kindle gadget. If there was a way to keep my K cover on, I'd give it 5 stars. Like this it's a 4 1/2. Crazyondigital Brand New Stylish Sync and Charging Dock Cradle for Amazon Kindle 2.

Crazyondigital Brand New Stylish Sync and Charging Dock Cradle for Amazon Kindle 2.



The cradle/dock IS "stylish" and well made.



It has the USB sync and charging functions, and serves as a reading stand for the Kindle. Even at today's price of $12.99 + shipping, it's a bargain compared to the official $20 Kindle charging cord which only charges and syncs.



(NOTE: The price jumps up and down on the CrazyOnDigital cradle. My original ordered May 28, 2010 cost $8.99. Yesterday this item went for $4.99. Today, June 6, it's $12.99. Maybe that's where the "Crazy" comes into their name!)



Please note that this charging stand is only for so-called "naked Kindles" (without cover) of the Kindle 2 (U.S. or Global) variety.



Bucky

If you keep your K2 in any cover, you'll likely not want this item; you will have to remove your Kindle 2 from the cover every single time you wish to use this item to charge it.



Consider a simple artist's tabletop painter's easel, available at Dick Blick, Amazon, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc. You can tilt to any angle you wish, costs about same as this device, it's clamps down on the Kindle to it cannot move at all (using the wooden clamps that are meant for the canvas), and you can simply pop your charger cord into the Kindle when it's on the stand if you desire. Key: you DO NOT need to take your K2 out of the cover to use the artists easel.

I highly recommend this Kindle dock. I'm very pleased with the small space my Kindle now requires on my bedside table. It actually turns my Kindle into a work of art. Nice secure fit and very stable base. Seems to be a quick charge. Shipped very quickly.

I read a post for this product and immediately ordered it. I received my item today and was surprised that the cradle was so slim . The Kindle snapped into it very easily and a blue light came on to show it was connected. I plugged it into the USB port on my laaptop and it immediately showed up as connected. I am really glad that this accessory became available. It will make connecting and charging even easier.

This doesn't charge the Kindle any faster, so far as I can tell, than the charging cable that comes with the Kindle does. What it does do is hold the Kindle nice and securely (and visibly)while it's recharging. No more worries about my Kindle being knocked off the dresser-top accidentally. Unplugged, it can also be used as a reading stand for the Kindle, useful if you like to read when eating alone. Finally, it makes for a nice little night light, convenient if you need to get out of bed in the middle of the night (and, again, minimizing the likelihood of my bumping it off the dresser-top in the dark). All of this for a very modest price. The service was great, the dock was delivered swiftly and in good condition, and all-in-all it was a convenient, easy, and satisfactory buying experience. Highly recommended.

This is a very handy gadget ! I love that I can now stand my Kindle up in this base while reading at the table. Makes it even better that it's a charging station - takes up little space. Just what I needed. Love it !

Nice dock. Heavy enough so that it doesn't move around, has a support on the rear to help hold the kindle. The charger input port is a standard mini usb, not the micro the kindle uses, this means you can't charge the kindle directly via the cable, only via the stand. The dock has another port that is a standard usb that can be used to charge another USB device. 5 stars if the included cord was longer. The included charger is also worldwide, 100 - 240 VAC. I have custom screensaver pics on my kindle so it also works like a single image digital frame, displaying my kindle and the custom pic :-). Kind of a side benefit. Also keeps it out of harms way, much harder to sit something on your kindle if its standing up.



Edited to update my info on the additional port from a comment by Dalmane98



Update: The dock also works with my Kindle 3. - Kindle 2 Charger - Kindle Accessory - Accessories - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information