Tuesday 13 September 2011

Kingston 2 Gb Micro Sd Card - memory card, micro sd 2gb


This is not noticably different from other name brand memory cards. It works exactly the same as any other quality card that I've tried; some of them costing 2 or more times as much. I've tried them in my notebook, desktop, camera, LG-Env, LG-Chocolate, and Motorola Razr with no problem. I will definitely be buying more of these soon. Kingston 2 GB microSD Flash Memory Card SDC/2GB

Despite what some nay-sayers have said on several review sites, I ordered several different kinds of 2GB MicroSD cards for myself, my wife and kids' phones. I tried MP3 functionality on each of the devices (Blackberry 8300 Curve, Blackberry Pearl, and Motorola RAZRs with the different cards.



The Kingston works great and I use it in the 8300 now on a daily basis. There are no compatibility problems with any of the MicroSD adapters on the phones that I tested. It's a great deal and a great product.

This card works great in my Garmin Vista HCx. The City Navigator NT maps consume about 1GB which leaves plenty of space for topo maps and tracks. 1GB would not be enough. If buying a Garmin GPS, get the 2GB, it's worth the extra couple of dollars.

Bought this memory part for my Samsung SYNC phone. It works very well with the phone, just make sure you push the memory card all the way into the phone until it clicks. I had to use a dime to push it in all the way. Lots of storage. Comes with regular SD adapter to use with my PC. Windows Media Player saw it as a "syncable" device, and I easily saved music to the part. No need to buy a Samsung SYNC USB cable if you have this part with the regular SD adapter. It is also 1/2 the price I paid at the AT&T store for the same size part when we first bought phones.

2GB for a card that can be used in your cell phone, as well as in a digicam (because of the supplied adapter). This is a wonderful product for a wonderful value. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone wanting to get a mini SD, or even a regular SD card!

If you get the Taiwan one, return it. The Japan one works very well. If speed doesn't matter, these are both ok.



Kingston (Taiwan)

Write Speed - 3.90 mb/s

Read Speed - 3.95 mb/s



Kingston (Japan)

Write Speed - 10.2 mb/s

Read Speed - 18.9 mb/s

I am using this in my LG Chocolate phone. It works great for storing photos and copying them from phone to PC without needing any other software, cables etc. All you need is take the card out of the phone, insert it into a standard SD card reader for your PC, and then copy the picture files from the card to any directory on your PC. It works both ways (phone->PC, PC->phone). I assume one could transfer music this way as well, but haven't tried it yet.

I use SanDisk Extreme IV high speed CompactFlash cards on my Canon DSLR camera and have been happy with their performance. So when shopping for a microSD card I started with SanDisk, a brand I trust. However, I wanted to test the possibility of using my BlackBerry 8310 Curve as my primary mp3 player. Seeing that this microSD card was significantly less expensive than the SanDisk cards, I went with Kingston.



The Kingston 2GB microSD memory card works well with my Curve, however I noticed that the Curve limits the file size transfers. Initially to save music, I needed to remove the card from my Curve and transfer files directly from my computer. This is where the adapter, which converts the microSD card to full-sized SD card, comes in handy. After removing the Curve's battery, I simply popped the microSD card into the adapter and used my computer's SD drive.



Since removing the Curve's battery is annoying, I did some research and found what the issue was with the Curve. There is a setting that may need to be changed to allow music file transfers. Go to "Settings", then "Options" to click on "Media Card." Set "Mass Storage Mode Support" to ON. Additionally set the "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" to YES or PROMPT. After changing the settings, I have no problems transferring music from the PC to the Curve or vice versa. If you still cannot transfer files, check the mapped drives on your computer, the first available drive is automatically used for the Curve's memory card. At home this is my F drive while at work it is K. If any other device is mapped to that drive, the Curve's memory card will not be recognized.



PROS:

Good price

Reliable card



CONS:

None - Micro Sd Card - Phone Memory Card - Micro Sd 2gb - Memory Card'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information