Monday 26 September 2011

Kodak Digital Frames - digital picture frame, digital frame


I did tons of research before purchasing as I bought a total of 8 frames as Christmas presents. 3 of these and 4 of a larger one.



First the Pros...the quality is unsurpassed for the price! 800x600 is incredibly clear and the frame is sleek and slimline. It is also pretty simple to use, it can zoom, rotate and crop, even though I did have to reference the directions for how to save the changes to the pictures. I was very happy with these.



Now the cons...it supposedly has internal memory but I didn't find an easy way to utilize it (from what I saw you have to transfer the pics manually, one at a time into the internal memory from your external memory source! why bother?) I did order 2gb sd cards to use with them since they are pretty cheap and hold a lot of photos but unfortunately I didn't realize that the sd card would need a writer to put the pictures on it (so I ended up running to Walmart for an $8 reader/writer) I think the easiest way to use this frame is to plug in a flash drive, your computer won't need anything special to put pics on it, just try to find the smallest one possible as it will stick out the side if its too big!



In the end the quality over triumps all the little issues I've had and everyone was so happy to get them at Christmas, of course it helps when you do a little leg work and gather pics from friends and family to preload. I got sereval tears this year, its going to be hard to out do these next year! Aluratek ADPF08SF 8-Inch Digital Photo Frame (800x600 Hi Resolution)

This is a very basic digital photo frame that has a beautiful picture quality. I was amazed how crisp and clear my photo's looked as I had another frame that did not look so good playing the same pictures. Once you power the frame on and insert your SD card the slideshow will start automatically. I like how easy to use it is as I am giving to my mother in law who is not very tech savy. I believe for the money you are getting a great value in your purchase. Highly recommend.

Hi

i was confused to go for it or not. But ordered finally.

I received it and its really is a good deal





Photo quality is really crisp and clear.

the Adapter is of 100-240 So for those who want to gift it outside US , this is going to work .

I tried it one full day and neither the adapter nor the frame getting very warm.



the only draw back which others might ignore is

When it stats up it lands in a page asking what you want to do? go to setup or show calendar or show photos.



Well i will be happy if it directly shows the calendar or the photos (if memory is attached) rather asking it .

When there is a power failure it stucks in the main page

This is a very basic photo frame. I knew this when purchasing, although I didn't realize quite how basic. The good things about this unit are its low price and superb picture quality. I really don't think I could be more pleased with the picture quality. On the other hand, you will need an SD card or USB drive for this thing as the internal memory is next to nothing. I got two pictures on it before it said it was full. I'm guessing it has about 256k. Also, if you plan on using this for portrait photos, you will need to rotate them 90 degrees on your computer before saving them on your SD card or USB drive as it shows all pictures in landscape mode, no matter which orientation you place the frame in. I looked for a "portrait" mode that would make this step unnecessary but couldn't find one. So, it's basic, but you should expect that for a $40 item.

The visual quality is pretty good. I found the instruction manual skimpy and poorly written. I managed to figure out the controls but mostly intuitively. I tried to go to Aluratek's web site to get more information and could not find this particular model. They have apparently discontinued it and replaced with a newer model. The newer model comes with a remote control and USB cable which this one didnt'. So, get the newer model; it's was only $10 more.

why buy more expensive picture frame with build in memory when u can just add a 4gb sd card for 10 bucks.



screen is nice and bright

easy to use

looks like a good quality product, no problems so far!

great mothers day gift!

I was looking for a replacement for an old digital frame. This is larger, pics are sharper & it has a timer function that shuts it off every afternoon, reminding me to go home!



I don't use any other functions so can't add anything there, does everything I need & does it well.

Received this nifty little frame for a x-mas present and was pleasantly suprised on how awesome the picture quality is. Pictures can play in a slideshow and it is very easy to move picture files from my computer to the frame. Highly reccommend. - Photo Frame - Digital Frames - Digital Picture Frame - Digital Frame'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information