Monday 5 September 2011

Kwikset Door Handles - satin nickel, deadbolt


Started with my front door and added these levers all around my house. They look fabulous, feel great in the hand, and function flawlessly.



Here's a tip, I used the Satin Chrome outside - instead of a coated finish like the satin nickle - it is actually solid chrome that is brushed then to get a satin finish (so it looks nearly identical to the satin nickle) but stand up much better to the elements (doesn't rust) and sharp keys that would otherwise scratch the satin nickle or brass finish. I use satin nickle everywhere else in my house and the satin chrome on the exterior door is standing up beautifully! (Worth the extra few bucks). Schlage F10ACC619 Accent Passage Lever, Satin Nickel

The product was certainly simple to install. Very few steps required. The mechanism was a little sticky when we first got it and we had to spend some time moving the handle to distribute the grease, but it works find now.

I was hesitant due to the price point as I can usually purchase this type of door lever for around $10 but not with the Schage name of course. I needed to match a Schlage nickle finish for an outside door were it would be noticeable and so I made this purchase. I have to admit the fit and finish is worth the price. Very smooth action and perfect finish...comes with several plate options for the latch...

I installed these knobs (some were the lockable privacy ones) in 3 apartment units two years ago. All have worked without a hitch and still look great.



These knobs are half the price (or less) than a lot of comparable looking lever knobs. So what's the diff? Two things I've noticed.

1. The levers are a bit shorter than most of this design. That doesn't bother me at all. I think they look fine and the tenant feedback we've had is that they look great.



2. They're kind of lighter weight - hollow feeling. I don't know what the actual construction is. But they feel less solid and have less heft than (much) more expensive knobs.



But I'm buying knobs for my own house now and I'll probably buy these.



I got mine at Wal(l)*Mart. Not on their website but at the local store. They didn't have many in stock and several of the boxes were open. I ended up having to order them, so Amazon would've been easier anyway - and close to the same price.



One other note: I've read a lot of complaints online about Satin nickel finishes flaking off on OTHER lower priced products ( I've seen some comments about Hdepot house brand glacier bay stuff), but so far so good with these Schlage knobs. - Lock - Keyless Deadbolt - Deadbolt - Satin Nickel'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information