Monday 12 September 2011

Ladies Half Slips - satin, lingerie


I now have ordered 4 of these lovely half-slips and recommend them to other shoppers. They are well-constructed, the fabric is silky and substantial, and the lace trim is very pretty. Their excellent price more than offsets a somewhat steep postage charge and the company insures their delivery within just a few days. For those who enjoy wearing half-slips, these truly are a find. Half Slip with lace 18' or 24'

For the price, this slip is awesome. I checked out some slips at Target and the ones at Target felt slightly nicer but they were more than twice the price. I ended up ordering the ones on Amazon because I like the thick lace hem (I think it's sexy) but it's the lace hem that I also took off one star. It has a funny scallop design in the back (I wish the back was the same as the front or that there were a picture of the back so I knew before I ordered it) because the scalloped part makes it really obvious that it's "underwear" and not nice looking when it peeks out through a slit of dress or skirt. The slip is also relatively "high waist-ed" so it doesn't work for some of my skirts meant to be worn around the hip (I can't just pull it down because then it's too long/longer than my skirts). Also, I felt shipping was a bit high considering it's so light and small but I bought four slips at once so that made it more reasonable. The sand looked more like a pale yellow than the pinkish beige in the picture but it's a beautiful color and I love it.

I was a bit skeptical about these slips at this low price, but they were very nice. I ordered the black and the sand colors in the short length. They are just the right length for my summer skirts. I've worn one of the slips a couple of times already with a silk wrap skirt and I was very pleased with the way the slip hung smoothly and without any static, as advertised. There is a more lace in the front than in the back. The slips arrived quickly and packaged without any frills. (I mean with no nice girly tissue paper or anything like that.) I would order these again. Thanks, Amazon!

Not always easy to buy half slips in the stores, very convenient to buy online. This half slip is definitely adequate, but nothing special. Sized right.

I also purchased some pettipants through amazon - had not seen them for years in stores. good price, very comfortable, prevent legs rubbing together, fun! Check them out!

The slip I received the first time had lace on it, and the lace is not cling free. If this is the issue for you, choose one without lace. A dress will hang loose until it gets to lace, then it bunches up. I have to say that "Undermoments company" has been just great about helping me out here. I returned it with the problem explained, and they sent out the proper item. - Lingerie - Non-cling - Satin - Slip'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information