Monday 12 September 2011

Childrens Art - melissa and doug, childrens art


When I looked at this book online, I assumed the faces were small, like the other Melissa and Doug Sticker books, such as the fashion one where there are lots of little girls, and you put their sticker clothing on them. Well, each one of these faces are huge, fill the entire page. They are actually bigger than a human head. That being said, my daughter (four years old) is loving doing these faces. Some of them turned out like modern art at first (eyes at different levels, etc.) You select their eyes, eye brows, and mouths. The noses are already there. There are many types of ethnicity, so if you are worried about all the faces being Caucasian, you will like the wide range. Melissa & Doug Make-A-Face Sticker Pad

This is a great, unique activity to keep pre-schoolers and up busy. The concept is great - you can flip through multiple pages of sticker features and accessories to create an interesting and expressive face. It is creative, easy to use, and quiet, and also is skill-building since you can see the progression from Picasso-style faces to really realistic faces. My son enjoyed it for a while, but of course didn't get into making them pretty like I'm sure a little girl would, which got me wondering why they don't design a make-a-face sticker pad that is more gender-neutral. I think they could have included male faces with more masculine features and had some of the male-oriented accessories be different types of glasses, collars, neckties, etc. This is clearly a female-oriented activity, and that's disappointing since there does not appear to be anything comparable for boys.

My 3 year old daughter loves this product. However, this product would be better if all of the eyes/jewelry/noses (for example) weren't on the same page. It would be better if I could give her a face and a page of stickers (the right amount for that face) and let her do it herself. The way that it's set up (with all the stickers consolidated on a few pages), I have to monitor so that she doesn't use all of the stickers and saves some for other faces. Overall, however, a great product!

When I purchased this for my niece, I had the idea that the pages were laminated so that a child could change the stickers on a face. That is not the case, it's one stick and you're done. If a sticker is placed slightly off kilter, it cannot be moved.



Neither my four year old nor seven year old niece showed an ounce of interest in this book, and they are usually very excited by girlie dress 'em up style toys. It was a waste of money.

I bought this for my 2 year old daughter and we all ended up playing with it! It was fun to see her start with the eyes and mouth upside down and within a couple of pages she was centering things perfectly. we all have "our faces" done- including my husband (she picked a short-hair blonde to be him). plenty of stickers to play with. great toy for the imagination!

I bought this for a 8 hour car ride with my 3 year old. She loved it, as well as her cousins during our visit. They are big heads and have lots of accessories to chose from to reallydress up the face. Kids ages were from 3- 8 and each kid asked to make another one, over and over. It was good learning in that they could put the pieces in the right spots , and a few even realized if eyes were too close, etc.... they were girls that played, and only female faces. Not geared towards boys, unfortunately..kids kept entertained for a long time... gave parents a much needed break!

Unlike the other Melissa & Doug sticker pads, my kids used this one up quickly. But this seemed more educational because they had to place the stickers on the faces. The way this one works is the stickers are facial features and the faces are on paper on which the stickers will be placed.



This is educational because it involves matching facial features in a creative way. You let your kids decide which features to put on which face.

The paper and stickers are good quality and big. As it has been mentioned before, the stickers cannot be removed once they are stuck on. I actually like this, as our activities that have reusable stickers tend to spread all over the house. I help my 3 year old to remove the stickers and flip back to the face pages and my son does the activity on his own. I will be buying this again.

Like the vast majority of M&D products, this sticker activity book is creative, constructive fun. Unlike many sticker books where each sticker belongs in a designated spot, the facial part stickers of this book can be placed on any face desired to create a huge number of possible faces, from realistic well-featured people to three-eyed cyclops or aliens. Lots of fun for kids of many ages from toddler through tween. - Coloring Book - Melissa And Doug - Drawing Pads - Childrens Art'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information