Monday 26 September 2011

Laptop Battery Chargers - travel accessories, ac-dc converter


Pro:

This product functions just as advertised. Since there is only one AC plug, use a surge protector cord so two items can be plugged in at the same time. During a 400 mile road trip, both my son and I used our laptops at the same time while being powered through the use of this adapter.



Con:

The fan is a little noisy but after a while it became background noise and I forgot about it. Pro Series Car Travel Power Inverter / Charger with USB port for Laptop Computers , Portable DVD Players , MP3 Players, Smart Phones and More ** Includes cable for Micro and Mini USB compatible devices

Pros: Worked for a year

Charged everything I needed



Cons: Fan is loud

Broke after a year and shorted out every cigarette lighter it got plugged into



Overall it lasted pretty long but could have worked better in the long run. Very frustrating when the fuse in it is just fine and you wind up thinking your car is broke when low and behold, it is just your charger that is creating some type of fault.

-- UPDATE: As of 6/15/2010, the product appears to have broken. It has blown four car fuses over the past two days. I'm not sure what happened to it, but keep this in mind when getting one. I loved it before, but now I just threw it out. --



Electronic junkies will love this adapter, which you stick into your car's "cigarette lighter" port to gain the ability to charge items that require a regular house outlet.



I always carry it with me whenever I go on a car ride, and it spares me the trouble of panicking over car adapters I don't have. This can save you a lot of money on purchasing car chargers for all of your electronic items.



On long rides, if someone else is driving, I just plug in my laptop and watch movies the whole time, without worrying about the battery. To name a few things, I have also charged my cell phone, camera, iPod, and DSi.



I love the USB port, because I can simultaneously charge my iPod while charging another item.



The adapter's fan is a bit noisy, but as long as you are using the radio or AC, it shouldn't be a problem.

I checked many similar products, because I wanted to make sure that this product would work well for my laptop and flip camera. It is easy to use and supports devices up to 150 Watts continuously. There are some other ones that look alike, but does not suffice to supply power to laptops. Be careful! This product is made for laptops. The USB charger is really useful. I guess to more product will be available to be charged via USB in near future, and this product will be even more useful then. It has a fan to cool off the unit. Before buying it, I read that somebody complained about the "noisy" fan, but I personally disagree. Maybe I can tolerate it easier than most people. However, even if it is noisy, it is a trade I would gladly make in exchange of being able to charge my laptop on the go while at the same time I use it. I think, a fan was necessary for such a unit with this capacity, and for this price, it is a GOOD deal! I would definitely recommend.

Bought this for a road trip with my 7 yr old twins from Dallas to Chicago. Going there it worked great--used it for a laptop and to charge my blackberry. But on the way back, I was charging my cell phone and noticed that my clock in the car stopped working. Then I noticed that the unit didn't have the green light on. I had read about it blowing fuses in the car and I think this is what happened. Will be checking it out today. Tried the cigarette lighter and it does not work. I have a 2001 Lexus ES 300, so maybe it is a problem with an older car. It does everything all of the other reviews said it did, but only being able to use it for 2 days and then blowing a fuse doesn't work for me. I am returning it with much sadness. Heed all of the negative reviews---DON'T BUY IT!

This was exactly what I needed as I travel long distances daily.



Pros: Surprisingly short time to charge my laptop - very pleased on that score. Quick delivery (2 days). Simple to use.



Cons: As mentioned in other reviews, it is a little noisy. I guess it's some sort of fan to keep it cool. It's basically noticeable when the car is turned off, but not really audible when the car is running.



This was my first buy from Accessory Genie. (Now, for the record, I don't have any relationship with them.) But, they sent me an after sale email wanting to know what I liked or didn't like about the product and if I was happy. I think that's a first for me. Seemed like the type of people that would work with you if you ever had to return a product.

Provides a fully functional electric outlet in your vehicle, plus a handy USB port.



Cons: The cooling fan is a little noisy, and the socket itself has some bulk that doesn't allow it to be connected in any setting (although there is a little swivel to the connector head).

I have to say after a year using this product I am very pleased that it is still working just perfectly as like the first day I bought it. I have plugged my cellphone, MP3, video games, and even my laptop without a single problem. I really have put this product through some tests over the year and again, no problems. Haven't even had to replace the fuse as of yet; so that is very good. The only problem with the product is the fan is very load. I know it has to keep cool but it does get annoying. Other than that it has taken a beaten from use and is still working today so I give this 4 stars only because of the fan. Other than that this is a great product to have in the care for any emergency or to hook up any thing really.

It worked just for one day in my car. There is no problem with my cigarrette sockets. I use them to charge some Phones, GPS devices, etc. But this device only worked the first day. Second day it started to smell like burnt. Changed the fuse and it didn't help. Now I'm returning it. - Ac-dc Converter - Travel Accessories - Usb To Dc Adapter - Laptop Battery Chargers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information