Monday 12 September 2011

Law Enforcement


This is a well made belt. However, it is a duty belt, and as such it is too wide for normal use. The webbing is 2" in width and the buckle is 2 3/8". This is a great product, just be aware it is a heavy duty duty belt, not just a heavy duty belt. UTG Heavy Duty Web Belt - Black

What more needs to be said? A sturdy, functional, heavy duty web belt for a decent low price. For me, it provides the fundamental framework for my camera belt rig. For you it might support tools or a sidearm along with a few spare mags. Whatever you choose to hang on it, the only way you'll hold more is with a full LBE rig.

I sent off for the Leaper belt because the company claims it fits up to a 55 waist. I have a 48 waist and when I tried it on, the belt was not even close, even with adjustments on both sides. The product is of good quality, but putting it through belt-loops, over pants, and still have a good fit. Will not happen, even though it saids it will.

I have a 50 watt light that mounts on my video camera. It's powered by a cumbersome battery pack which provides enough juice for about an hour of illumination. I have two of these brick-sized lead sinkers. Each came with a belt loop but no belt. The UTG belt is substantial enough to support the combined weight of both batteries comfortably on my hips, and comes with a quick release clasp. It's the ideal solution.

This product is not all what it says it is. It is sort of flimsy. It is an okay belt for what I am doing as a corrections officer but expected something much heavier than what I got.

On the flip side I did receive it extremely fast. It was here in a couple days and I even ordered it around a holiday.

First off, the most important thing you need to know is that, as other reviews mentioned, this is a very tall, thick belt, and WILL NOT fit thru the loops on most pants.



It looks like its designed as a duty belt. Its fully velcro lined on the inside (loop, not hook), so you can either get a velcro 'inner' belt on your pants that has the hooks on the outside, and wear this belt outside your pants as a true duty belt, or you can find pants that have extra tall loops designed for duty belts.



It fits in both my Propper brand, and Dickies brand EMS pants, perfectly.



Since its very very long, for adjusting to a large amount of waist sizes, it for those of you who are skinny, it might be doubled back pretty far, I simply had a tailor cut about 8 inches off, and adjust the location of the velcro hooks, now it fits my 34 inch waist with about 4-6 inches of adjustment left in case i get fat again.



Very strong belt, appears to be very good quality, and supports everything on my belt without sagging.



I'm going to order a second one, and keep one threaded thru each pair of duty pants full time, since its plastic and fabric, it can stay on during the wash cycle.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information